Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2008, 11:21 PM

1 posts, read 1,916 times

Advertisements

What can we do in this town besides spend money?

Swim?
No, its costs to enter public pools even though we pay taxes and theyre filled with pee, If you have a pool, how much is it to fill? and clean?
probably about 1 fourth the cost of the public pool, and they have to pay the lifegaurd, and they sell marked up candy and hotdogs, work it out.

Dance?
No, U gotta get drunk first and pay Budha before you enter the club, you can dance at home but it gets boring.

Sing?
No, Karaoke costs money too, and singing on the street gets u arrested, at home it gets boring

Get Lucky?
Nope, can be very costly, men and women

Play Sports?
Nope, you have-to be accepted into the click first, costs money

Exercize?
Nope, Well when you exercize its free but you eat more, food costs money, and you want the good food too

Go Hiking?
Close but no cigar, you need gas to get there, and food and water to last, even water has a price, and if you
drink from the tap, I feel so bad for you, if you taste chlorine, they are hiding something, please remember to boil.

Attend college?
LOL, Oh by the way college is free in California, and other towns where they care about thier inhabitants

Work?
Nope, work costs in gas, extra food for energy, taxes, healthcare, car insurance, registration, clothes da ra da ra.

Fishing?
No, License 30 dollars, fishing rod $30.00, ticket for fishing at the breast of the dam unkowingly, $175.00. Ticket for
no license? I dont want to know

Camping?
No, Camping is not cheap, just try it, and when your there if you drink while your trying to have a relaxing vacation
you will get slapped with a $522.00 fine, thanks to the guys down at Parks and Regulation Board, Hickory Run.

Last edited by Nepitizman; 07-21-2008 at 11:33 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2008, 03:15 AM

106,680 posts, read 108,856,202 times
watching paint dry is still free.

its funny you bring this up because my wife and i are planning for an early retirement and i keep saying how retired we will need more money than we do working... only thing you have more of when you retire is time and unless your going to sit by the house time cost money...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania