Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2013, 04:05 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,150,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAhippo View Post
ummm.....fisheye-those aren't dogs. They're chickens.

kind of reminds me of those games that show you a bunch of little drawing and you're supposed to find the 2 that are the same.
Well; did you score 100% on the test?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2013, 04:22 AM

6,727 posts, read 9,956,563 times
I have no experience with "attack chickens" but I can attest to the fact that geese can be really mean critters. I was in a show in the Poconos and during the course of the performance, I was "killed". They carried my "body" out a side door and I was to quickly run to the "safe room" so as not to be seen by the audience/participants. While crossing the area between the dining room and the "safe room", there appeared out of nowhere two geese who proceeded to chase me, flap their wings and attempted to take bites of my legs.

If you need a guard critter, I suggest you get yourself a goose. I mean the kind with feathers.

Old 08-29-2013, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
I have no experience with "attack chickens" but I can attest to the fact that geese can be really mean critters. I was in a show in the Poconos and during the course of the performance, I was "killed". They carried my "body" out a side door and I was to quickly run to the "safe room" so as not to be seen by the audience/participants. While crossing the area between the dining room and the "safe room", there appeared out of nowhere two geese who proceeded to chase me, flap their wings and attempted to take bites of my legs.

If you need a guard critter, I suggest you get yourself a goose. I mean the kind with feathers.
Possibly they thought you were dead and now food on their table? That's what happens when you play your part too good!

Yes geese can get nasty and they are known for being protective; especially if they have young.

Old 08-29-2013, 05:40 AM

30,535 posts, read 16,231,137 times
and their bite is something fierce!

Old 08-29-2013, 08:28 AM

32,941 posts, read 36,378,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Sometimes bantam roosters can get nasty. But sometimes bantam rooster owners can get hungry! We really don't want attack birds. If it comes to that; then one of us has to go.
My grandmother's rooster went after my father when he went to the hen house to collect eggs. I'm pretty sure that there was a chicken (or something that looked like chicken) dinner on the table that Sunday.

Old 08-30-2013, 05:30 AM

2,760 posts, read 3,955,012 times
LOl, I so enjoyed reading yesterdays comments and photos. I had to go to the ER around 4 am yesterday. My hip was out of whack ! Nothing major, just needed a breathing treatment and some oral steroids. Seems my allegeries triggered my asthma. It must really have missed me, it was my first serious issue since I am 17 and it gave me a heck of a run for my money! I am now back to my same old witchy self.
I hope everyone enjoys their Friday...TGIF!

Old 08-30-2013, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloominscranton View Post
LOl, I so enjoyed reading yesterdays comments and photos. I had to go to the ER around 4 am yesterday. My hip was out of whack ! Nothing major, just needed a breathing treatment and some oral steroids. Seems my allegeries triggered my asthma. It must really have missed me, it was my first serious issue since I am 17 and it gave me a heck of a run for my money! I am now back to my same old witchy self.
I hope everyone enjoys their Friday...TGIF!
Sorry about the hip! Glad the shop had a spare wheel and got you up and running again! Hope it wasn't painful.

You also have a great day! Take it easy on your hip.

Old 08-30-2013, 06:37 AM

2,760 posts, read 3,955,012 times
Quote:
Sorry about the hip! Glad the shop had a spare wheel and got you up and running again! Hope it wasn't painful.

You also have a great day! Take it easy on your hip.
Nah nothing an aging broad like me can't handle. Mr. Fisheye...I think I might be having a bromance with you! LOl Shhhhhh...don't tell anyone I said that, ok?

Old 08-30-2013, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloominscranton View Post
Nah nothing an aging broad like me can't handle. Mr. Fisheye...I think I might be having a bromance with you! LOl Shhhhhh...don't tell anyone I said that, ok?
Behave yourself Bloomin! We never got that business off the ground yet. We have to start off on solid financial ground! Get those production lines rolling and get the cases of chapped arse sticks in the stores! We didn't even name our product yet! What happened to our slogan campaign? We'll have to work on that one.

By the way; I got the job! I get immunized this coming week and start the following week. No more flu program for me - I'm working up the ladder (at least until they decide to put me back in flu). It's better money and we like money! My vehicles were aging and this will help update my fleet!

Old 08-30-2013, 07:58 PM

6,727 posts, read 9,956,563 times
Quote:
Behave yourself Bloomin! We never got that business off the ground yet. We have to start off on solid financial ground! Get those production lines rolling and get the cases of chapped arse sticks in the stores! We didn't even name our product yet! What happened to our slogan campaign? We'll have to work on that one.

By the way; I got the job! I get immunized this coming week and start the following week. No more flu program for me - I'm working up the ladder (at least until they decide to put me back in flu). It's better money and we like money! My vehicles were aging and this will help update my fleet!
Hey, fish! Funny you should mention about "aging" vehicles. My vehicle has "aged" itself right out of further use. It decided to kick the well-known bucket right in the middle of the busiest intersection in Kingston PA. There I sat, with three - count 'em, three - lanes of northbound traffic swirling around me and two lanes of southbound whizzing by. This being the third time in a month that said vehicle gave me trouble, I managed with the help of the only kind person in a five lane radius to offer to push me out of the roadway. I successfully got it going once again and taking the side streets and failing to stop for those red, octagonal signs (shhhh!), I made it home and vehicle now is parked in the garage where it has been for the last 10 days. If I had a big enough shovel, I'd give 'er a decent burial. I'm currently looking for a replacement and in the meantime, dtr-in-law #5 is playing chauffeur. (She's a peach!)

Since the Old Gray Ghost is 161 in dog years, any little upgrade will be an improvement. Sadly, I don't have a ladder to climb to make some cashola to pay for anything extravagant. But then, I don't do that much driving these days. (Only put 2,490 mi. on last year) So, with any luck, I will find something suitable for what I can pay in the next week. Either that or I gotta get a bus pass!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania