Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 08:11 AM

2,317 posts, read 5,130,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdrive View Post
Oh yea I am of a 'Certain Age' ...

A age when I got to be a kid growing up. I didn't have to worry about acting and trying to be an adult!
A age where I played outside in the neighborhood till the street light came on.
A age where games were made up in our minds and not on a TV screen.
A age where we walked to school to be with our friends and respect our teachers. We may not have liked them but we respected them.
A age where the first time I heard the 'F' word was at 12 years old.
A age where we had a downtown and could walk to it.
A age where they actually had drive-in movies that families and high school sweethearts could go!
A age where it was a special occasion to go out to a restaurant to eat instead of your Mothers cooking or your Grandmothers cooking! Like the McDonald's on San Souci Parkway! Oh boy!
A age where you helped your friends and neighbors without reservation!
A age where you did stupid things and laughed instead of thinking who you could sue because you may have hurt yourself!

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the comforts of today's life style but I truly miss the family value system that was in place back in that 'Certain Age'.
excecellent post...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2008, 10:32 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,667,671 times
Here we are all together, its holiday time.
The presents are wrapped...and we've spent every dime.

The Santa's and gingerbread all in a row, makes the cold winter days have that positive glow.

Scranberres shakes hands with WeLuvPA, and Enya's dug out form her cars snowy grave.
Rockky is heading home from little DE, Pushing thru the snow with her new SUV.
Coartist is here, Our righteous and brave...A wine glass or two be sure to save.

The community joins here to celebrate...The Commish has a tree that is TEN feet. NOT eight!
The bells and the holly are at our front doors. The bulbs shining brightly in reflection and more.
Jungle George is returning back home from PA, wondering how we put up with this weather each day.
Mathjak and Artist are strolling along, trying to capture the scenes with magic and tone...
Make it Merry and bright said Lilly and Proud..as the sounds of Christmas are heard from the crowd.
And ILOVEPA is cooking up a storm, I'm betting her house is quite toasty warm.
I'm missing so many I know this is true........But this card is meant for the whole LOT of YOU...
May the snow curl around you like a snowman's disguise...
May your hearts fill with Spirit as your memories rise...
As your tree glows before you, may you say a sweet prayer...for those we love dearly that are no longer there...
When you gather your Santa's, your candles, and greens.......Remember that life can be more then just dreams.
This wish that I leave you, dear friends of CD.......Cause' you all mean a
lot to Summering ( and Me )......
A holiday wish for joy and good cheer......and a bright and blessed Happy New Year.......

Old 12-22-2008, 10:58 AM

2,317 posts, read 5,130,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
Here we are all together, its holiday time.
The presents are wrapped...and we've spent every dime.

The Santa's and gingerbread all in a row, makes the cold winter days have that positive glow.

Scranberres shakes hands with WeLuvPA, and Enya's dug out form her cars snowy grave.
Rockky is heading home from little DE, Pushing thru the snow with her new SUV.
Coartist is here, Our righteous and brave...A wine glass or two be sure to save.

The community joins here to celebrate...The Commish has a tree that is TEN feet. NOT eight!
The bells and the holly are at our front doors. The bulbs shining brightly in reflection and more.
Jungle George is returning back home from PA, wondering how we put up with this weather each day.
Mathjak and Artist are strolling along, trying to capture the scenes with magic and tone...
Make it Merry and bright said Lilly and Proud..as the sounds of Christmas are heard from the crowd.
And ILOVEPA is cooking up a storm, I'm betting her house is quite toasty warm.
I'm missing so many I know this is true........But this card is meant for the whole LOT of YOU...
May the snow curl around you like a snowman's disguise...
May your hearts fill with Spirit as your memories rise...
As your tree glows before you, may you say a sweet prayer...for those we love dearly that are no longer there...
When you gather your Santa's, your candles, and greens.......Remember that life can be more then just dreams.
This wish that I leave you, dear friends of CD.......Cause' you all mean a
lot to Summering ( and Me )......
A holiday wish for joy and good cheer......and a bright and blessed Happy New Year.......

very nice post..original...alot of christmas spirit....thanks...

Old 12-22-2008, 01:11 PM

1,815 posts, read 5,400,821 times
Awww, such great poems! Thanks for sharing!

Old 12-22-2008, 02:47 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,115,981 times
great poem, summering! full of heart!

Old 12-22-2008, 09:48 PM

2,760 posts, read 3,954,370 times
What can I add to this lovely thread, the feelings are here but the words are lost.

I am crying my eyes out...thank you all for flooding my mind with memories ( happy and sad )...

With such sweet people in my neck of the woods...I know I am in the right place...

Old 12-23-2008, 09:53 AM

I'm heading up to NY State this afternoon and I won't return until Christmas Eve.......So everyone be good, drive slow, make fabulous cookies, and Ham, and Pieroges!
Enjoy your wonderful families, friends.........animals. I have hired the "Pet Nanny" to watch over any outside cats that are still roaming around my yard area. Wow, what a great lady. So prepared using her fold-up Keyboard and putting all the info right into her cell phone.......I'm very happy to have her.
I have made them the "Warmest place" I could muster.She will take care of them when we head to Myrtle ........its the best I could do........This is what happens when you live so close to a farm where I guess people tend to drop off their little four footed friends........I would reccomend the Pet Nanny for anyone who is going out of town.....

Old 12-23-2008, 12:16 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,115,981 times
That is a great recommendation to have, Summering, thank you! There are many times I wish I had a pet nanny!

Have a safe drive!

Old 12-23-2008, 01:20 PM

1,815 posts, read 5,400,821 times
Safe trip, Summering!

Old 12-25-2008, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poconoproud View Post
That is a great recommendation to have, Summering, thank you! There are many times I wish I had a pet nanny!

Have a safe drive!
Yes, but she hasn't watched a snake as yet......
She told me that anyhow.........LOL
But I'm not sure what other pets you have Pocono........I know it must be on here somewhere. ( a orangeish cat .......and.....?)
Our trip to Binghamton went fine........some cars off the road, an SUV that was in a ditch........I'm sure he thought he could sail.
We got home and couldn't make it up our drive way on the first try.......
Finally we did, and then it needed plowing. Combo of the slush, and rain....making for a deep mess.
I am so pleased with the UPS man............I can't get over that he trecked up my hill in all that muck, to deliver a gift box...........
I have to somehow let him know that because we were not home........
I will find a way.........
We had a great day today.........I love Christmas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania