Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 06:07 PM

64 posts, read 234,805 times

Advertisements

There are gorgeous sunsets visible from Weir Lake Rd. Great lightning, too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2009, 06:38 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,658,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poconoproud View Post

here's a Pocono sunset for you, Summering....taken right past Brodheadsville, on Weir Lake Rd.
Wow........I love it. You did a perfect shot.........I do like beautiful snow and ice pictures.
But, that is not the lake right? That is the field past the lake area..???
I'm picturing it now.......
I am kicking myself down here because I am missing the good shots....
I have to keep the camera with me.
There is one "secret" spot down here where in the evenings the egrets come in one by one and nest in the trees. You park and watch this slowly happen..........I have to catch that on film. It is amazing to see.
I have so many pictures on my mind to take........I have to get to it!

Old 02-02-2009, 07:24 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,111,814 times
yep...you know home! that is the field past the lake...

If you ever get a shot of one of those egrets...share with us!

Old 02-03-2009, 06:26 AM

1,518 posts, read 6,691,335 times
Summering, do you own a place in Oceanside Village, or just rent one when you're there? We usually camp at Ocean Lakes, and this past Christmas/New Year's we stayed at Dunes Village and the year before at Dayton House. Those were our first ventures into a hotel-type situation and we loved it. We've also rented a "little house" at Ocean Lakes when we were between motor homes. We also camped two summers ago in Lakewood but it just didn't compare to Ocean Lakes, where we'll be again this June for a week.

We love the MB area so much, especially Surfside and Socastee. When we arrive we always feel like we've come home. We'd love to move down but hubby just would not make enough money there, even with the lower cost of living. Plus we have kids in school yet to consider. Sigh! I guess we can dream of retirement someday!!

You mentioned doing things with kids. Have you ever taken them to the Waccatee Zoo? We were there just about a month ago and it was so nice and cool. The animals were active; the lions were especially noisy!

Old 02-03-2009, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawne View Post
Summering, do you own a place in Oceanside Village, or just rent one when you're there? We usually camp at Ocean Lakes, and this past Christmas/New Year's we stayed at Dunes Village and the year before at Dayton House. Those were our first ventures into a hotel-type situation and we loved it. We've also rented a "little house" at Ocean Lakes when we were between motor homes. We also camped two summers ago in Lakewood but it just didn't compare to Ocean Lakes, where we'll be again this June for a week.

We love the MB area so much, especially Surfside and Socastee. When we arrive we always feel like we've come home. We'd love to move down but hubby just would not make enough money there, even with the lower cost of living. Plus we have kids in school yet to consider. Sigh! I guess we can dream of retirement someday!!

You mentioned doing things with kids. Have you ever taken them to the Waccatee Zoo? We were there just about a month ago and it was so nice and cool. The animals were active; the lions were especially noisy!
We have come to the Keys area of OV for about 6 years, and we've stayed other places also. OV is pet friendly and so that became the winner for us. Other then Surfside Beach we like Cherry Grove and have stayed there also. Quite pet friendly, but not many pet friendly rentals there. We like to have our own home rather then a condo so this works well.
It does feel like home.........In the winters we have friends from all of the Northern states. Maine, NH,Vermont, NY, and PA among others......
Ocean Lakes is very close to us......
I love that we just hop the cart to the ocean area. I remember when it amazed me that they have lakes and big huge trees here so very close to the ocean. ( reminded me of Jensen Beach in Florida)........
I didn't take the kids to the Waccatee Zoo.......I was just afraid that the animals would be taken care of like at the Nay Aug park back home.
We're so into proper care of animals.........
But, I'm glad you mentioned it.......I think we will try to go next time.
They did like that Alligator place, tons of alligators........

Old 02-03-2009, 10:06 AM

1,518 posts, read 6,691,335 times
The Waccatee Zoo does have small cages but the animals seem to be well taken care of. The open plains animals have lots of room, but the monkeys and big cats seem like they could use bigger areas. If you go, be sure to check out the "zee-donk" - a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

We went to Alligator Adventure in August 2007 and it was beastly hot - so nothing much was moving at all, including us! The biggest attraction that day was the water misters. The kids spent lots of time in those getting wet to cool off. During the show there was actually a bit of a breeze and it was so funny to hear the entire audience say in one voice: "Ahhhhh!!"

Old 02-03-2009, 10:09 AM

Oh funny we had a rainy day in March.........So we were not happy campers walking around in the rain.........But, everyone loved it there......Tons of those alligators. Just awesome.

Old 03-14-2009, 08:17 PM

1,080 posts, read 2,256,207 times
Default Myrtle Beach Eatery

Hey Summering, when I read this I thought you would get a kick out of reading it. I sure did!

Myrtle Beach eatery ditches dartboards, welcomes Wii - Video Game Feature - Yahoo! Video Games

Old 03-15-2009, 05:13 PM

Well, My, My.......I just read this to my hubby. I guess I missed it in the Sun News which we buy faithfully when we are down here. I just can't read it all.....
Now I am tempted to go up there and stop in before we head home. That sounds like a fun place.
It looks like it is more into the main Myrtle beach area. We are in South Myrtle Beach.......
You know, its divided up this so called Myrtle beach area. I vaguely remember passing that place...
Today we went to the new Coastal Mall to my fav' store Kirklands.........
I'm trying to get in all of the things and places I love to spend time in before heading North..........
I did get a big kick out of reading that, and so did Mr. S........
I hope I have time to explore... Thank You.........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania