Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 01:50 PM

1,935 posts, read 3,141,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingOutOfNJ View Post
its losers like YOU! who think your better then everyone because you made a choice to be a military Jarhead.
I NEVER said I was better than anyone else.

Quote:
And what makes our values any more uneducated then yours? whose the idiot? you think you can force people to do something? are you sure your not a communist yourself? How dare you question me and what i believe in. This is a "free" country isnt it.. and instead of telling others to pack up and leave...If you dont like the freedom that my tax-paying ***** is given.. then why dont you pack up leave! go somewhere where people are forced to join the army.. where they're not free to decide if they want to risk their lives for a war they dont believe in.
I never said anyone should be "FORCED"....just making a point that if, as in Israel, it were mandatory here it would just be a way of life that no one would have a problem with here in the U.S.

Quote:
Dont ever put down my freedom because you were in the army. Dont ever think your better then someone because you chose to be in the army. Dont ever think that just because you had a CHOICE to be in the army - that it should be mandatory for those who choose not to.
I never said I was in the Army. Actually, I served in the Navy.

Quote:
but i absolutely HATE it when people who come back from the military and think that they're above everyone.
I don't and never have thought myself above anyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2009, 07:17 PM

996 posts, read 3,277,723 times
Quote:
Time out pal,

its losers like YOU! who think your better then everyone because you made a choice to be a military Jarhead.

And what makes our values any more uneducated then yours? whose the idiot? you think you can force people to do something? are you sure your not a communist yourself?

Dont ever put down my freedom because you were in the army. Dont ever think your better then someone because you chose to be in the army. Dont ever think that just because you had a CHOICE to be in the army - that it should be mandatory for those who choose not to.

Dont get me wrong - I respect the military. I Salute - I sing along with the national anthem... but i absolutely HATE it when people who come back from the military and think that they're above everyone.

Aside for your military service.. what have you dont to help this country? How much of your time did you spend helping youth get on the right track, or do you waste most of your time bashing people who dont believe in what you do.. since their values are uneducated.. your pathetic.
I always have to snicker a bit when someone can't help but call names in a post instead of just defend their position. LOL

Old 05-06-2009, 07:21 PM

996 posts, read 3,277,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidWebb View Post

I never said anyone should be "FORCED"....just making a point that if, as in Israel, it were mandatory here it would just be a way of life that no one would have a problem with here in the U.S.

I hope you do realize that this is just one person's rant and that the majority of the people in this country do appreciate the sacrifice that those who serve in the military make. It can't be easy to make the decision to sign up for a job that at some point might require you to give your own life.

Old 05-06-2009, 08:50 PM

567 posts, read 1,305,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greentown View Post
I always have to snicker a bit when someone can't help but call names in a post instead of just defend their position. LOL
Call it what you want. If you cant take it, dont give it.

Also take it for what its worth-- This is a forum - i dont take anything said personally... 97% of the time, anyway :-D

Old 05-07-2009, 01:03 AM

15,395 posts, read 22,515,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
You would if that person was also carrying a gun and whose intent was to kill you...

I don't agree with a draft only because I think it would make us less of a free country, and I think most wars these days are fought for political special interests and the bottom lines of big business (especially Iraq). I would not be willing to fight in a debacle like Iraq, but I sure would pick up a gun and defend our country if it was under attack.
My sentiments exactly.

Old 05-07-2009, 01:14 AM

15,395 posts, read 22,515,219 times
Also I am new to the forum so I watch what I say.......NEPA has the best discussions...........but let's not get into name calling etc. We all agree that it is good to sometimes disagree. I was "in" the Sarasota forum the other night..........they are (NOW I AM NAME CALLING) very rude,immature and mean-spirited....I had to stop posting.....there.....however if you like Scranton city council meetings on you tube I suggest you visit Sarasota's forum........check out beach/sex threads..........it's a hoot...lol.....

Old 05-07-2009, 06:04 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,289,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidWebb View Post

Your posts speak louder than your protests.

Old 05-07-2009, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greentown View Post
I hope you do realize that this is just one person's rant and that the majority of the people in this country do appreciate the sacrifice that those who serve in the military make. It can't be easy to make the decision to sign up for a job that at some point might require you to give your own life.

I hope you realize that not agreeing with a draft does not automatically mean that one doesn't appreciate the sacrifices made by the US Armed Forces.

Talk about making a jump! Hope you didn't hurt yourself on that one!

Old 05-07-2009, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Call it what you want. If you cant take it, dont give it.

Also take it for what its worth-- This is a forum - i dont take anything said personally... 97% of the time, anyway :-D

Strange. I typed that and it is coming up as greentown. Hmmm....

Old 05-07-2009, 06:11 AM

1,935 posts, read 3,141,385 times
GREENTOWN said: It can't be easy to make the decision to sign up for a job that at some point might require you to give your own life.

Sure it is....for the United States I will gladly defend it even if it means losing my life. I may not agree with all that our government gets us in to but that doesn't mean I wouldn't answer the call should the time come.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania