Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 03:28 PM

3,236 posts, read 6,660,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoegal111 View Post
There were 500 separate languages spoken in what is currently the United States before an English word was ever spoken on this land. Spanish was spoken in the US before English as well. If your tired of diversity then maybe you should return to the country of your ancestors because this country is all about diversity. And people probably said the same things about your ancestors when they first arrived here as you are saying now. It wasn't right then and it isn't right now.
Say what you want, but this is how I feel. I think it's ignorant for people to come to this country and not learn our customs and learn English. I'm sorry, I just do not like it. What you're referring to happened many years before this country was formed. If I returned to the countries that my ancestors were from, you'd better believe that I would learn either German, Italian or Polish. I don't like going someplace and having to try and identify where these people are from and what language they are speaking and I'm not the only one who feels this way. It's time to take back our country and I don't mean just from foreigners. I mean from all scum, no matter what color or race that you are.

Old 08-20-2009, 03:32 PM

947 posts, read 1,644,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers 2008 View Post
Say what you want, but this is how I feel. I think it's ignorant for people to come to this country and not learn our customs and learn English. I'm sorry, I just do not like it. What you're referring to happened many years before this country was formed. If I returned to the countries that my ancestors were from, you'd better believe that I would learn either German, Italian or Polish. I don't like going someplace and having to try and identify where these people are from and what language they are speaking and I'm not the only one who feels this way. It's time to take back our country and I don't mean just from foreigners. I mean from all scum, no matter what color or race that you are.
Irponic you should use that arguement because that means we should all be speaking Navajo, Lakota, Apache, Cherokee.... remember to Native Americans (American Indians) everyone was originally an immigrant with a strange foriegn language. Again, what you are saying now is the same thing that kept your ancestors oppressed here in this country for so long.

And by the way, American Indians are still here they just are not closed minded about things like different customs, traditions and languages.

Old 08-20-2009, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Irponic you should use that arguement because that means we should all be speaking Navajo, Lakota, Apache, Cherokee.... remember to Native Americans (American Indians) everyone was originally an immigrant with a strange foriegn language. Again, what you are saying now is the same thing that kept your ancestors oppressed here in this country for so long.

And by the way, American Indians are still here they just are not closed minded about things like different customs, traditions and languages.
Yes, but they didn't have a civilized country with a formal government.

I was referring to Indians from India in my first post, not Native Americans.

Old 08-20-2009, 03:49 PM

947 posts, read 1,644,107 times
Quote:
Yes, but they didn't have a civilized country with a formal government.

I was referring to Indians from India in my first post, not Native Americans.
Actually American Indians did have formal governments and they were very civilized. I am aware that you were referring to Indians from India.

Regardless, diversity does not equal crime.

Old 08-20-2009, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Actually American Indians did have formal governments and they were very civilized. I am aware that you were referring to Indians from India.

Regardless, diversity does not equal crime.
I believe too much of it does. Too many different people with different languages and morals and lifestyles isn't good in my opinion.

Did you happen to check out those horrible rap videos that the Times posted on the web site to accompany the gang story? That is some of the worst music that I have ever heard. It did make me laugh though. Decent, hard working blacks should be ashamed of this. These are the type of people that we don't need around here, wannabe gang bangers with no taste in music.

Old 08-20-2009, 04:30 PM

2,760 posts, read 3,955,464 times
I was the one that mentioned "white flight"...have you ever seen an area that encountered this and did not take a least a generation to return to a healthy, economically strong, and well functioning area? IE...Harlem, the Bronx, Crenshaw, Atlanta, pick a place...30 years or more for them to turn back into what they once were!!!!

I do not know the correct pc term to describe people leaving an area because they perceive a bad elment moving in...other than "white flight". That is exactly what gp was referring to about her feelings about West Side and wanting to get out.

Old 08-20-2009, 06:00 PM

2,009 posts, read 3,782,207 times
Quote:
I'm tired of this so-called diversity here in Scranton. This element of people are not helping the city and bring nothing to the table, so why do we need them here. I was at Redners last night and I felt that I was in a third world country. Everyone jabbering in a language besides English. I could not for the life of me describe this one group, but if I had to I would say Turks. Then there was a bunch of Indians and a group of Hispanics speaking Spanish. I really felt like a stranger in my own country. This area is only going to get worse, not better.
I'm sick of it too, when i go to the laundramat, i think i'm in Mexico, all of their kids are running wild, they don't say anything to them. It gets to be a little much and it is going to get worse, i can't get out of this city soon enough, i only wish it was sooner.

Old 08-20-2009, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sues1 View Post
I'm sick of it too, when i go to the laundramat, i think i'm in Mexico, all of their kids are running wild, they don't say anything to them. It gets to be a little much and it is going to get worse, i can't get out of this city soon enough, i only wish it was sooner.
Exactly. We're not racists, we're realists. Parts of the city are turning into little Havana or Mexico City. If I wanted that, I'd move there and learn Spanish. All that we ask is that they respect our country and learn English. I too, can't wait to get out of here. Not only is Doherty ruining the city, so are all of the transplants.

Old 08-20-2009, 07:32 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,318,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by live_in_nepa View Post
Call it what you THINK it is, but .. I am prejudice against white, black, red, blue, yellow SCUM.. I don't see color as a problem and I have many friends and extended family members that are not what you describe western europe.

So don't think you know me or don't think you know how I see others from a little internet post. and don't bring your false sense of "race has no baring on the case", because in this case it does.. it does by them simply naming themselves part of the bloods. when is the last time you have seen a white or hispanic blood????

If these three wanna-bee gang bangers were white, latino or indian.. the result is the same. They are ignorant scum that deserve to rot.

There are white and hispanic Bloods and Crips. Also, there are all white gangs and all Hispanic gangs as well.

Old 08-20-2009, 07:38 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,318,510 times
Quote:
Come on, you're talking non-sense. The crime rate has gone up dramatically in the last few years due to the influx of these undesirables and Doherty's cut in public safety. The realists on this board know what is really going on in this city and it's getting scary.
Murders in Scranton:

2001 - 1
2002 - 1
2003 - 1
2004 - 3
2005 - 1
2006 - 0
2007 - 2

Assaults

2001 - 95
2002 - 90
2003 - 132
2004 - 209
2005 - 315
2006 - 208
2007 - 100

There are other interesting stats on the link Slammin' posted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania