Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 01:39 PM

937 posts, read 2,890,593 times

Advertisements

Just wondering what the value of homes in Wyoming County are going for with 2500 sq. ft. The home is being remodeled, finished basement, huge country kitchen, a breathtaking view, large wrap around deck. Upgraded appliances...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2009, 03:26 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,673,594 times
Well, IMHO.......looking a few things up on Y....ho....Homes dot com I think perhaps........
From 259,900 to 274,900 depending on condition and curb appeal. Neutral painting and great upkeep. The home for 259,900 is on 25 Dogwood and is a 3/3 home with 3,120Sq Ft.....decks, and great views. Try your googled sites and see what you come up with.........

Old 09-12-2009, 06:46 PM

1,935 posts, read 3,146,709 times
Try realtors.com for more comparisons.

Old 09-13-2009, 02:32 AM

106,732 posts, read 108,937,910 times
its worth only what someone is willing to pay.... homes are such an individual issue that even being next door to each other can have them going for widely different prices for the same size home.

it can be like asking what do people earn in an area...

where we are the same size home can vary by over 100,000 dollars

Old 09-13-2009, 05:34 AM

How long you want to be on the market or wanting a quick sale can place the price tag one way or another too.
You need to find the rate homes are "selling" for in your location......Work out what you have to compare with......and you should come up with a figure.

Old 09-13-2009, 06:25 AM

32,620 posts, read 77,647,109 times
Is Rosanna leaving us?!

Old 09-13-2009, 07:27 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,541,543 times
I'm guessing that you know the best way is to get a Realtor and have it appraised. They have all the area comps and you won't be able to price it fairly without that info. Or try one of those sell by owner places, I would guess you could get comps there too. You know the three most important things about selling a home - location, location, location.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 09-13-2009, 08:04 AM

1,162 posts, read 3,009,801 times
You can't really go by what the prices are that are currently on the market - I like to say those are the homes that are "not" selling! (Otherwise they wouldn't still be on the market!) They are a good "starting point" but as Mathjack said, each area is individual...and even around the corner there could be something to turn people off who would pay a certain amount for a home...

For instance I know of a cute little house in good condition that was very competitively priced - but the problem was - the nextdoor neighbors were a next-generation Ma and Pa Kettle. They had old appliances, tires, dog crates, bags of aluminum cans, old lawn mowers, a 4 wheeler, a toilet, and various other junky things laying around their yard.

Needless to say - every single person I took there loved the house - hated the location.

BTW - Realtors do not give appraisals - you need a special license to give appraisals. Realtors give CMA/ Comparative Market Analysis and they usually do it for free (naturally with the hope that you'll list with them.) An appraisal from a licensed appraiser could cost $375 or so.

Old 09-13-2009, 05:52 PM

Reminds me of how I was at the cutest lake home. Just adorable.........Peeking in the windows.
Problem was on both sides were outdoor dogs barking like CRAZY. One side had cages and tarps and at least 3 to 4 dogs. The other side one big, loud dog. No matter how much I would of wanted the lake house.........that stopped us dead in our tracks. Who could listen to that all day long....or night long........Geez........

I have to say that in the four homes I sold of my own, and with my mothers home.........I was able myself to come up with a price in mind, just from research that matched what the realtor gave me on Market Value.....In fact I had looked at some homes and knew some " did not" compare. Due to, the ugly green trim that glowed, on the brown siding......
Good gosh. And, I was able to giggle, and pull that one out of the compares.......as the condition was so poor. I think I researched and saw that home and the realtor didn't.
I've never been very much off in the pricing........

Last edited by Summering; 09-13-2009 at 06:04 PM..

Old 09-14-2009, 09:05 AM

937 posts, read 2,890,593 times
Wink No!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
Is Rosanna leaving us?!
We aren't going anywhere. Just wondered how much we could get if we decided to sell. We will probably be there another 8 or so years then sell. We want to stay in the area and buy a smaller piece of property and build a modular and then get a motorhome to travel with during the winter months!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania