Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 06:08 PM

45 posts, read 112,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadell View Post
Looked it up. The "Touch Up" one? I'll look into it. Alexandria isn't that far. Not for a good haircut at least.

Thanks. And the little eye rolling smiley just kinda set me off, because it is relevant.
I would love to hear what you think after you go there. I was just thinking about how I need to find a place. I am moving to area and I have two boys that I will need a barber for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2011, 06:27 PM

1,223 posts, read 2,272,693 times
What part of NoVa are you in? Alexandria has a few and there are some sporadically through NoVa. I used to go to Another Level in Alexandria. After living in Tysons Corner for a while, I just upped my skill of cutting my own hair (if I was gonna risk it, might as well by free). If you are going to try another predominant race's barber I would go to a Hispanic one before a white barber. They are more like to have worked with kinky hair (more black Hispanics exist than people think) and they tend to have similar hairlines (shape-ups) as black patrons.

Old 08-12-2011, 06:34 PM

45 posts, read 112,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeman804 View Post
What part of NoVa are you in? Alexandria has a few and there are some sporadically through NoVa. I used to go to Another Level in Alexandria. After living in Tysons Corner for a while, I just upped my skill of cutting my own hair (if I was gonna risk it, might as well by free). If you are going to try another predominant race's barber I would go to a Hispanic one before a white barber. They are more like to have worked with kinky hair (more black Hispanics exist than people think) and they tend to have similar hairlines (shape-ups) as black patrons.
I'm in Herndon. I have heard of Another Level.

Old 08-12-2011, 07:41 PM

8,993 posts, read 21,220,810 times
Quote:
I used to go to Another Level in Alexandria.
Another Level is one of the shops I was thinking of. There's another one just two or three blocks south of it on Henry Street (aka Route 1 southbound).

Old 08-13-2011, 06:23 AM

26,706 posts, read 41,862,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by living20057 View Post
I would love to hear what you think after you go there. I was just thinking about how I need to find a place. I am moving to area and I have two boys that I will need a barber for.
Actually, I was a regular there before I left NoVA. If you want I have a couple of barbers in the shop I'd personally recommend.

Old 08-13-2011, 09:00 AM

7,670 posts, read 14,287,676 times
If you're near Manassas there is a barbershop dedicated to what you need. Being a white guy I can't vouch for it either way but they've been there for some time now. It's on Center Street in Old Town.

Old 08-13-2011, 11:51 AM

10,125 posts, read 14,024,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
If you're near Manassas there is a barbershop dedicated to what you need. Being a white guy I can't vouch for it either way but they've been there for some time now. It's on Center Street in Old Town.
Yeah there is also one in the manaport shopping center across from the mall and one next to the new panda express on sudley manor road. I don't know how good the barbers are at these places but the manassas area has quite a few options.

Old 08-13-2011, 03:15 PM

49 posts, read 83,994 times
There's one in Centreville. I can't remember the name of it, but its in the same shopping area as Grand Mart. It's next to the Suntrust Bank.

Old 08-13-2011, 03:32 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,469,042 times
I used to go to one on Queen St and Henry in Alexandria. Also South Arlington should have some spots.

Old 08-13-2011, 03:34 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,469,042 times
Quote:
When I lived in NYC the best barbers I went to were Puerto Rican or Dominican.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia