Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 04:00 PM

2,688 posts, read 6,700,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdenscold View Post
My point was if you've spoken with the police and they've done nothing - then you report that fact to the Supervisor's office. So that when they go "you need to talk to the police", you can say "I have, and that's why I need your help..." blah blah blah.
Exactly. That's why you need to call her office back each day and report that the police have done nothing. The Supervisors supposedly oversee the police and if she's passing the buck she should be called out on it. I once called a supervisor about a problem that the police were not addressing and the supervisor called someone at the police department who called me immediately, eager to please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2012, 04:19 PM

2,688 posts, read 6,700,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveAlbuquerque View Post
I had a conversation with the police department. It went well. The police reminded me that the noisy neighbors could be muslims fasting at day and celerating at night for religious purposes. However, since their religious holiday period will end this coming Saturday, only time can tell if they are muslims.
Yes, it is Ramadan, and they can have a festive meal to break their fast after sunset (which is later than usual this year -- Ramadan usually occurs in the fall rather than summer, so it is a longer day of fasting), but they're supposed to return to prayer after the dinner, usually in a group at their place of worship. And they'd be getting up early to have their breakfast before sunrise. Although maybe they're doing that and then going back to sleep.

I hope this gets resolved for you one way or another.

Old 08-14-2012, 04:55 PM

2,612 posts, read 5,602,470 times
Quote:
I had a conversation with the police department. It went well. The police reminded me that the noisy neighbors could be muslims fasting at day and celerating at night for religious purposes. However, since their religious holiday period will end this coming Saturday, only time can tell if they are muslims.
I can't believe the police would suggest that. Partying all night long is definitely NOT a common muslim practice, Ramadan or otherwise. I think most muslims would find it offensive that the police are putting something so stupid out there.

Old 08-14-2012, 09:02 PM

837 posts, read 1,801,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marie5v View Post
I can't believe the police would suggest that. Partying all night long is definitely NOT a common muslim practice, Ramadan or otherwise. I think most muslims would find it offensive that the police are putting something so stupid out there.
I know next to nothing about religion, but I'd agree that this strikes me as a patently absurd suggestion.

Old 08-14-2012, 11:02 PM

3,164 posts, read 6,970,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfax Mom View Post
Wow - if they stay up to 3 AM you know they are doing drugs. Too bad the cops wont bust them.
Really? I stay up that late and I don't do any drugs. Not all night owls are into drugs.

Old 08-14-2012, 11:06 PM

Quote:
My community is not within the dotted line. Sorry I wasn't able to see the dotted line before.

snowdenscold said:
__________________________________________________ ____________________________
If so, you're in the City of Alexandria.

If not, you have an "Alexandria, VA" address and reside in Fairfax County. It sounds like this is probably you.
__________________________________________________ ____________________________

Then my location is in Fairfax County. Which city is this location then? I need a city name besides county name. Correct?
No, you do not live in a city. You live in the county of Fairfax. No city. Alexandria is an address. It doesn't mean you live in the City of Alexandria. Similarly, most people who have a Fairfax address do not live in the city of Fairfax. Most people with a Vienna address do not live in the town of Vienna. Same for Herndon.

Did you just move to Virginia?

Old 08-14-2012, 11:14 PM

Quote:
My community is in Mason District.

I called. The receptionist would not transfer me to any supervisor. He asked me what the issue was. I didn't want to talk to the receptionist.
I doubt that it was a receptionists since the supervisors don't have receptionists. They have aides who handle problems like your's. That's what they do, they help their constituents. Tell the aide what your problem is and he will do his best to solve it. He'll make calls, and make it clear that he's calling on behave of the supervisor.

Old 08-14-2012, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeesfan View Post
Yes, it is Ramadan, and they can have a festive meal to break their fast after sunset (which is later than usual this year -- Ramadan usually occurs in the fall rather than summer, so it is a longer day of fasting), but they're supposed to return to prayer after the dinner, usually in a group at their place of worship. And they'd be getting up early to have their breakfast before sunrise. Although maybe they're doing that and then going back to sleep.

I hope this gets resolved for you one way or another.
I agree with you and seriously doubt that the OP's neighbors are muslim. If they doing that, and going back to bed until afternoon, when might they work?

Old 08-14-2012, 11:19 PM

Quote:
When do your neighbors work?

Old 08-14-2012, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeesfan View Post
Exactly. That's why you need to call her office back each day and report that the police have done nothing. The Supervisors supposedly oversee the police and if she's passing the buck she should be called out on it. I once called a supervisor about a problem that the police were not addressing and the supervisor called someone at the police department who called me immediately, eager to please.
Yup. That's how it works. Something about this whole story isn't quite hanging together for me. The aide to a supervisor would not respond this way. I would he/she tell the OP to talk to the police when that's already happened and didn't work? It's hard to believe that the police would suggest that the neighbors are muslim. ridiculous. The Supervisor should call them out on that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia