Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 06:43 PM

727 posts, read 1,534,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
You don't say why you will be in court so it's hard to answer you. I am very familiar with the PWC courts. Getting out in one hour will be tough if you are there for a traffic/criminal case. If you are the defendant and you plan on pleading guilty then it is possible.

I now work in the area where you are heading (50/Gallows) and it takes me 30 minutes to get there but I leave at 430 AM meaning very little traffic. At the 10 AM time frame it will be tough unless you are truly out of court by 10.
I got pulled over on 95 near Quantico for driving on an expired rejection sticker. I sold the truck, so I am hoping I can get the charges dismissed. I'll be in a suit, so I hope it'll help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2013, 03:18 AM

7,670 posts, read 14,249,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzcrandall View Post
I got pulled over on 95 near Quantico for driving on an expired rejection sticker. I sold the truck, so I am hoping I can get the charges dismissed. I'll be in a suit, so I hope it'll help.
I'm surprised you are going to court for this. Non moving violation and pretty cheap. If it were me I'd consider skipping court and keeping your appointment. Knowing the PWC system I can see the judge levying no fine but you'll have to pay the court costs. Or you can chance talking to a prosecutor and seeing if they will NP the charge. Problem with this is you can't talk to them until the judge releases them to go out in the hallway to talk with people. You might try finding the officer ahead of time to see if they'll agree to the NP. If they do the prosecutor will likely NP the ticket without needing to talk to you or you waiting in court.

Old 07-18-2013, 06:27 AM

1,558 posts, read 3,858,780 times
Court costs....vs ticket and no hassle.... I'd just pay the ticket.

Old 07-18-2013, 08:48 AM

7,670 posts, read 14,249,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vermonter16 View Post
Court costs....vs ticket and no hassle.... I'd just pay the ticket.
My thoughts also but the OP can get an answer fairly quick by talking to the officer before court starts. If he/she is not there when their name is called and no deal is agreed upon they will receive a notice in the mail saying they have ten days to pay or license will be suspended.

Old 07-18-2013, 11:03 AM

727 posts, read 1,534,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
I'm surprised you are going to court for this. Non moving violation and pretty cheap. If it were me I'd consider skipping court and keeping your appointment. Knowing the PWC system I can see the judge levying no fine but you'll have to pay the court costs. Or you can chance talking to a prosecutor and seeing if they will NP the charge. Problem with this is you can't talk to them until the judge releases them to go out in the hallway to talk with people. You might try finding the officer ahead of time to see if they'll agree to the NP. If they do the prosecutor will likely NP the ticket without needing to talk to you or you waiting in court.
That's what I was going to do. I talked to the officer when I got pulled and he seemed like he would be okay with that.

Old 07-18-2013, 12:50 PM

2,986 posts, read 4,579,037 times
Sketch
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia