Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2007, 07:50 AM

1 posts, read 3,859 times

Advertisements

This may have been posted before, if so, please direct me to the proper thread...Im new.

My story:

I have been doing the following for 4 months, I want to know the legality of my actions...

I work in Tysons, live in Herndon. I used to just jump on the toll road and sit for 45 minutes every morning like everyone else. That is, until 4 months ago. Now I go through the airport everyday, conduct business on airport property (go to the Exxon and buy gas, food, drink, ect.) keep my recipt and take the access road (the inner of the toll road), I am in Tysons in 15 to 20 min. And it is WONDERFUL!!!!

Anyone else do this? The police do a check point about once a week, I have never been stopped. Anyone here been stopped, if so, what happened?

Stories and tips...please..???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2007, 08:34 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,476,088 times
I believe that backtracking itself is still technically illegal. However, if you conduct any business at all within the airport grounds (gas stations included), it isn't backtracking anymore. It's coming from the airport, and that's free. Just keep your receipt handy to show the officer if you do get checked...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia