Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 01:11 PM

2,772 posts, read 4,324,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by imalert View Post
Mind reading again? Your assumption of my so-called inference is well off. I never said anything about Poor people. That's one of your assumptions as I mentioned before. And what's with the swearing? Truth must really hurt; try to calm down & keep the swearing off the forum. You said the key thing, "asking the question", which is what this thread was started with but thrown of course with "off-topic" negativity from certain posters including yourself.
Cool, well you should know the racist, xenophobic, and classist baggage that the question comes with. Whether you yourself are of the belief or not is not at issue, the question itself has a lot of history behind it and a lot of false narrative. As far as cursing = anger? Grow up. I said hell. Oooooooooh. Considering I generally swear like a sailor, hell does not equal me being angry, especially since I didn't even direct in the form of "go to hell" (can't speak to what I thought though). If dropping the word hell from time to time is a sign of anger, then man my clients are really crazy angry people because they curse up a storm on conference calls by your measure.

*eye roll*

Your form of debate is a joke by the way. Did you lose track of an argument or just enjoy trolling for the shear thrill of it?

Old 08-11-2014, 01:37 PM

596 posts, read 731,434 times
Quote:
Mind reading again? Your assumption of my so-called inference is well off. I never said anything about Poor people. That's one of your assumptions as I mentioned before. And what's with the swearing? Truth must really hurt; try to calm down & keep the swearing off the forum. You said the key thing, "asking the question", which is what this thread was started with but thrown of course with "off-topic" negativity from certain posters including yourself.
Please spare us the "Gee, I was just asking an innocent question" routine. Your posts are full of innuendo regarding the idea that the metro brings a certain "element" to areas that didn't have to worry about such things before the metro extension gave the unwashed masses an easy method of transportation. Not to mention, you certainly were quick to agree with this idiotic comment regarding the "ghettofication of Tyson's Mall":

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamota View Post
they're preparing for the ghettofication of Tyson's Mall, like what happened to Springfield mall

Quote:
Truth spoken! The same thing also happened to City Place Mall in Silver Spring, Largo Town Center in Largo, & Wheaton Plaza in Wheaton, MD. The Fairfax County Police set-up special training for the Silver Line opening & they're calling this project "T.U.T." which is short for "Tysons Urban Team" http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...mq1ZNfm5IIRUDA
I'm always amused by you folks who come on here spouting your ignorance, and then have the audacity to feign offense when somebody calls you on your garbage. All the tap-dancing around certain phrases and being extra careful not to use certain words doesn't keep anyone from being aware of what you're trying to imply. And no, I'm not a mind reader. But I do have a Master's in detecting lies, shenanigans, and tomfoolery.

Old 08-11-2014, 01:43 PM

1,167 posts, read 2,173,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbsnm View Post
Please spare us the "Gee, I was just asking an innocent question" routine. Your posts are full of innuendo regarding the idea that the metro brings a certain "element" to areas that didn't have to worry about such things before the metro extension gave the unwashed masses an easy method of transportation. Not to mention, you certainly were quick to agree with this idiotic comment regarding the "ghettofication of Tyson's Mall":

I'm always amused by you folks who come on here spouting your ignorance, and then have the audacity to feign offense when somebody calls you on your garbage. All the tap-dancing around certain phrases and being extra careful not to use certain words doesn't keep anyone from being aware of what you're trying to imply. And no, I'm not a mind reader. But I do have a Master's in detecting lies, shenanigans, and tomfoolery.
It's not racist if you're not explicit and use barely coded language.

Old 08-11-2014, 01:49 PM

921 posts, read 1,133,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tysonsengineer View Post
Cool, well you should know the racist, xenophobic, and classist baggage that the question comes with. Whether you yourself are of the belief or not is not at issue, the question itself has a lot of history behind it and a lot of false narrative. As far as cursing = anger? Grow up. I said hell. Oooooooooh. Considering I generally swear like a sailor, hell does not equal me being angry, especially since I didn't even direct in the form of "go to hell" (can't speak to what I thought though). If dropping the word hell from time to time is a sign of anger, then man my clients are really crazy angry people because they curse up a storm on conference calls by your measure.

*eye roll*

Your form of debate is a joke by the way. Did you lose track of an argument or just enjoy trolling for the shear thrill of it?
Your assumption of the question itself proves what state of mind that you & certain others are in. Also, the way you used "Hell" was in an agitated form of swearing, in such way that you yourself knows it replaces other harsh terms. So, enough with these off-topic anger filled replies. Follow your own prescription & grow up. Continue with fun. Peace!

Old 08-11-2014, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Your assumption of the question itself proves what state of mind that you & certain others are in. Also, the way you used "Hell" was in an agitated form of swearing, in such way that you yourself knows it replaces other harsh terms. So, enough with these off-topic anger filled replies. Follow your own prescription & grow up. Continue with fun. Peace!
Lol. I use hell literally every 5 minutes. Its the way I speak. I type like I speak. The vanity you possess to think someone as unproductive as yourself could solicit anger out of me is hilarious. I'd be in a rage having to deal with real life every minute of the day if your level of trolling were to cause me any heart ache. Hows Upper Marlboro btw? Keeping those ghettofyers away? Still not sure why you are here on the NOVA forum. Just wondering.

What mind am I in anyways? I'm an immigrant brought up working class parents. I probably come from the social ladder to which you would equate to ghettofication. I also am from Tysons, and am pro-silver line and pro-any one who wants to come to Tysons. I've been a big proponent of incorporating low income housing in my own neighborhood because I realize that housing is too expensive in this area for people who are struggling to keep their head above water.

Seems to me you might have a decent future in mind-reading also... so long as the customers aren't from PG, am i right? wink wink, nudge nudge.

Old 08-11-2014, 01:56 PM

1,167 posts, read 2,173,275 times
The funny thing is you know how disgraceful your comments are, so much so that you won't even own up to your own opinion. It's shameful honestly.

Old 08-11-2014, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Sweetie, "Ghetto" is not a racist term. It is social; you're just assuming I'm speaking of race when I say "East of the Anacostia River". By the way, I'm non-white if, likely, you're assuming else wise.
non-white doesn't mean you can't be a xenophobe or cast stereotypes on entire groups of people. Ghettofication independent of race is still a massive stereotype of lower income people. PS white people are not the sole owners of racism either way, not that you are racist, but sorry to break it to you, you are classist and a xenophobe by your statements. Time to come to grips with that reality... before you move to Arizona or Utah atleast.

Old 08-11-2014, 02:58 PM

1,784 posts, read 3,463,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbsnm View Post
Yeah, this tread is a bit of a joke. It basically goes, "Hey, all I said was I was worried about ghetto and thuggish elements from Southeast DC... you're the one who brought up race!". Derpa derp...

Old 08-11-2014, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdenscold View Post
Yeah, this tread is a bit of a joke. It basically goes, "Hey, all I said was I was worried about ghetto and thuggish elements from Southeast DC... you're the one who brought up race!". Derpa derp...
would rep but evidently the website says I've loved your posts too much and have to spread it around. Made me chuckle any way.

Old 08-11-2014, 03:58 PM

5,125 posts, read 10,105,151 times
So, anyone gone to the new Shake Shack at Tysons yet? By Silver Line or any other means of transportation?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia