Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2015, 08:37 AM

11 posts, read 12,935 times

Advertisements

I'll be working near DC starting this fall and looking at possible places to live. I'm currently looking to rent a condo either at the Marquis or the new MetroWest condos being built there. Does anyone have any info regarding either these condos or the area in general? I have a 7-month old and so, my biggest concern is how loud it gets living so close to the metro and how family friendly the area is.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2015, 11:45 AM

172 posts, read 329,826 times
I do not live in either condos complexes but I live in a community near Marquis on Vienna North side of the metro. The general area is nice, quiet (in my city-girl opinion :-) and safe with easy access to many major roads and amenities. If you end up living in the Marquis, the Nottoway park, which is large and nice, is within 3 min walking distance. From our area we also walk regularly to the new MetroWest community, which is also nice, and Panam mall with Safeway is within walking distance, too.

As far as how loud it is to live near the metro – I do not really hear it, but my husband does, sometimes. The area is family-friendly and diversified with couples and families, younger and older people. Living in a condo may get loud, depending on your neighbors, so I would suggest to walk the area to explore it and to listen, and also read online reviews.

Hope that this helps. Good luck with your choice!

Old 05-01-2015, 05:22 PM

406 posts, read 620,130 times
I agree, I think you would be happier on the north side of the metro station in Marquis than on the south side in the sprawling MetroWest development. I have been in a Marquis condo but have not lived there, it seems nice- I presume it would not have many families though. I am not aware of the MetroWest developer actually renting out any of the condos, but there may be some on the market as private rentals. No clue what rent they would seek, as I believe the condos are selling for close to $500k?

Old 05-02-2015, 10:28 PM

721 posts, read 1,212,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandoe1979 View Post
I'll be working near DC starting this fall and looking at possible places to live. I'm currently looking to rent a condo either at the Marquis or the new MetroWest condos being built there. Does anyone have any info regarding either these condos or the area in general? I have a 7-month old and so, my biggest concern is how loud it gets living so close to the metro and how family friendly the area is.

Thanks.
I think Marquis is a better option for you than MetroWest, for the following reasons:

1) Marquis is more like a community and more laid-back than MetroWest.

2) The rent at Marquis is lower than MetroWest. Typical rent for a 1BR at Marquis is $1500-$1600, $1800 for a 2BR, and about $2000 for a 2BR corner unit. For MetroWest, the rent must be be significantly higher due to the higher prices of the condos.

3) Marquis is closer to the Maple Ave shopping area, while you'll have to cross a major street if living south of the metro.

It's a quiet building although close to the metro. You'll need to find a unit near quiet neighbors, like everywhere else. Since most people living at Marquis are professionals, they make quiet neighbors unless they have young children.

Acadia is another good option. However, it's a tiny bit longer walk to the metro than Marquis. Some units at Acadia are irregular shape due to its curved building outline. Good thing about Acadia is that all the floors have direct access to both elevator and trash chute, while at Marquis, it's either elevator or trash chute.

Last edited by LoveAlbuquerque; 05-02-2015 at 10:39 PM..

Old 05-03-2015, 07:32 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,178,139 times
If you are renting, you may want to consider Dwell Vienna Metro apartments. They are within walking distance to both the metro and the PanAm shopping center. I lived there for a short time and liked it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia