Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 03:44 AM

48 posts, read 191,077 times

Advertisements

I would also recommend Mclean Bible Church. I loved it so much that I went there despite the not-so-fun commute from Alexandria, where I lived. Great church.

ETA--They have a lot of small groups, classes, and activities, including a great women's bible study for ppl who recently moved to the NOVA area. The book is called "Moving on After Moving In." I met some good friends there. It's a great way to meet other "new" people in the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2008, 04:07 AM

81 posts, read 357,383 times
If you are looking for a church in Loudoun County, then I suggest Sterling United Methodist Church. It has a large congregation, lots of activities for every age, and a really great youth program. It is located in Sterling Park.

Old 04-10-2010, 10:49 AM

4,625 posts, read 6,463,577 times
What are Word of Life services like? Do they use contemporary worship music?

Old 07-13-2010, 01:14 PM

1 posts, read 3,173 times
Over the past couple years I have been attending Fairfax Community Church. There is so much that I love about this community but over the last year the music has gotten progressive louder to the point that it is physcially uncomfortable. I have asked if they were considering a least one service that that is not so intense and was told not to worry they have been assured that the decible was not dangerous and that I could try ear plugs like others that have issue with the music.... Hence I have not returned.

Anyone with a recommedation in Alexandria with an awesome program that is not painful???

Old 10-09-2011, 07:11 PM

2,904 posts, read 6,923,747 times
Are there any churches that cater to younger people in the area? Anything on the orange line would be extra convenient...

Old 10-10-2011, 08:51 PM

121 posts, read 470,082 times
Home (Christian Fellowship Church) in Ashburn

Old 10-10-2011, 09:06 PM

4,489 posts, read 10,957,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by decafdave View Post
Are there any churches that cater to younger people in the area? Anything on the orange line would be extra convenient...
Not on the orange line, but my church has a service specifically for 20/30-somethings.

Venture Young Adults (http://www.immanuelbible.net/index.php/adults/venture.html - broken link)

Old 10-10-2011, 10:15 PM

518 posts, read 1,452,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by decafdave View Post
First Baptist Church of Clarendon. Its ministry I believe is mostly focused on young adults. They are temporarily in Ballston while their building is under construction.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:41 AM

231 posts, read 576,505 times
we are new here to VA and we have 2 kids and have found a great church called Dulles Community Church. It's a non denom. church and it has a lot of young families. We are in our early 30's. The music is more like a rock band type (not that boring 80's stuff) and it's just a come as you are type of church. We go in our flip flops and jeans. We are from CA so we needed something young and fun and more laid back. It's located at Freedom high school in South Riding, VA.

Oh and we decided not to go to Mclean Bible church because the whole mega church thing was not for us. It makes it very hard to meet people and get connected when there are like 10000 members at the church. I know they do have small groups, but even still, it's hard. My husband works nights, so we can't go to small groups. So, Dulles worked out great for us. Its in Loudoun county

Last edited by Candicem; 10-11-2011 at 10:51 AM..

Old 01-30-2013, 08:33 AM

1 posts, read 1,891 times
My brother lives in Loudoun County with his family and they love it. They've lived there for 12 years.

I recommend Dulles Community Church (AKA DCC), [url=http://www.dulleschurch.org/]Dulles Community Church - a non-denominational church in the Washington Dulles area[/url], which is a non-denominational christian church. Pastor Brad is a very personalable who is anxious to really know his visitors. If he sees an unfamiliar face, he will go out of his way to welcome you, as well as his staff. If he knows you, he will greet you on a personal level. The church meets at Freedom High School in South Riding Station which is in Loudoun County. The band is also really great. Most importantly, they don't judge new comers. They're leading message is to love your neighbor as yourself, no matter age, race, gender, or even religion.

The youth group is very nice for teenagers and the Church office has a center for them to hang out in a safe environment. This place has video games (which teenagers like) and a tv area for the kids to hang out. The youth group leaders are pretty awesome and definitely has a way with connecting with the kids. The Sunday School program for your little ones is also great and allows you to attend the Service without interuptions. The system is very organized and they inquire about allergies and other important things like that. If your kid acts up, they simply put the number assigned to your child on the screen in order to discreatly call for you.

The church is always working on activities for you and your family to engage in. One includes taking lunches, as a group, to homeless people in DC. I attended the event and felt 100% safe. The people are actually very interesting and their stories are very inspiring and eye-opening.

Hope this helps you! Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia