Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2017, 11:40 AM

360 posts, read 372,977 times

Advertisements

I choose D.C. and I like the city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2018, 10:55 AM

52 posts, read 27,684 times
Arlington is less expensive, DC is more expensive.

Old 05-17-2018, 02:47 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,900,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by talcos View Post
Arlington is less expensive, DC is more expensive.
There are a lot of variables, so it obviously isn't as simple as saying DC is more expensive than Arlington. If you are looking at places like Clarendon and Rossyln where there are a lot of new, modern apartments and developments, shops, restaurants, etc; then those areas will end up being a lot more expensive than many areas in DC. You can find more affordable sections in Arlington as well, which would be less expensive than parts of DC. It all depends.

I personally would choose Arlington (I lived in Arlington briefly). It's a great area that is really an extension of DC without some of the city hassles of DC. Yet, it's right metro ride/drive across the river to get to DC. It's a nice blend of urban and suburban, which I personally like.

Old 05-21-2018, 08:21 AM

194 posts, read 401,355 times
Not sure if this even matters to you or not, but your VOTE in DC counts for NOTHING. There's no Senator, no Governor, etc. In Virginia, your vote counts.

Old 05-21-2018, 08:37 AM

8,868 posts, read 12,578,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Roach View Post
More like an inverse relationship between the number of homosexuals and the number of school age children. Kind of ironic that the tech giants can't function without people from India, where per pupil expenditures are less than 100 bucks, per year; not per day.
There are more school age children per sq mile in North Arlington than in places like Loudoun. Of course there are also gay people in outer suburbs. But probably not so many.

Old 05-21-2018, 08:39 AM

8,868 posts, read 12,578,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JavaJunkieDC View Post
Not sure if this even matters to you or not, but your VOTE in DC counts for NOTHING. There's no Senator, no Governor, etc. In Virginia, your vote counts.
The Mayor of DC has the same role as a state governor, and at one point they were considering renaming the job to "governor" I think you mean DC voters have no direct say in national politics (which is not quite true - they do get electoral votes in the Presidential election), not sure why the office of Governor is relevant to that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia