Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2018, 12:37 PM

3,065 posts, read 8,918,698 times

Advertisements

How would Woodbridge be for commuting to the Pentagon? How would it compare to Ft. Belvoir in that aspect? I am originally from NC, so the ability to escape South easily appeals to me. But I am hearing mixed reviews in regards to Woodbridge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2018, 01:06 PM

12,906 posts, read 15,710,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macjr82 View Post
How would Woodbridge be for commuting to the Pentagon? How would it compare to Ft. Belvoir in that aspect? I am originally from NC, so the ability to escape South easily appeals to me. But I am hearing mixed reviews in regards to Woodbridge.
If you are using public transportation, is fast and easy. Driving alone will be much tougher than getting to Ft. Belvoir.

Old 04-05-2018, 01:09 PM

1,736 posts, read 2,904,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
If you are using public transportation, is fast and easy. Driving alone will be much tougher than getting to Ft. Belvoir.
agreed.

macjr82, you could take a bus from any one of the commuter lots, straight to the pentagon. Or you could slug with other occupants. My father (zip 22193) drives to Telegraph Rd and takes the bus to pentagon, then hops metro for 2 stops. he prefers it to driving to Springfield and then taking (longer) metro ride downtown

Old 04-05-2018, 02:09 PM

871 posts, read 2,117,606 times
Quote:
What Christine in VA said.

I do what kww's father does. I park at the Horner Rd commuter lot ~6:15am. I ride as a slug (or the bus, if the slug line is long) and am at the Pentagon ~6:40 before taking the train over the river. Afternoons there are usually cars waiting to go back to Horner and it is a similarly quick ride. The Pentagon is one of the easiest places to get to from Woodbridge, if you're taking PRTC or slugging (either as a rider or driver).

I know that there are always slowdowns on Rt. 1 going up and down to Ft. Belvoir, and the Rt. 1 construction isn't going to help in the short run. Frankly, I think you can get to/from the Pentagon from Woodbridge in the same amount of time as getting to/from Ft. Belvoir.

Old 08-23-2018, 02:07 PM

95 posts, read 229,005 times
I just looked up Woodbridge on Wikipedia and saw the following demographic changes:

Year 2000 Hispanic population: 19%
Year 2010 Hispanic population: 10%

Year 2000 Asian population: 5%
Year 2010 Asian population: 10%

Those are some significant changes. The white and black percentages have pretty much stayed the same at 55% and 23% respectively.

2020 is almost upon us. I'm curious, what do you all think will be the percentages in 2020? Have you seen the trends continue?

Old 08-23-2018, 02:47 PM

1,736 posts, read 2,904,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skooby View Post
I just looked up Woodbridge on Wikipedia and saw the following demographic changes:

Those are some significant changes. The white and black percentages have pretty much stayed the same at 55% and 23% respectively.

2020 is almost upon us. I'm curious, what do you all think will be the percentages in 2020? Have you seen the trends continue?
If Corey stewart had his way, 2020 Hispanic population would be 0%

Old 08-26-2018, 11:05 AM

197 posts, read 168,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skooby View Post

As someone who lived there 8 yrs.. until July (yeah me loudoun ftw) those numbers aren’t accurate at all and only based off those that feel legal/safe enough to respond to gov surveys.

Old 08-26-2018, 11:16 AM

197 posts, read 168,204 times
Quote:
You sound like my old devil dogg neighbor.

Woodbridge is a mixer bag of confusion that hasn’t figured out if it wants to appeal to the upper or low class in the areas. Compared to surrounding counties the schools suck but compared to other places in the US they are awesome.

Commute is awesome to the pentagon if u slug or take the bus or train/vre.

Ive done them all .. only caveats is if u dont drive and get sick at work it gets tricky. There is a gurenteed ride home program and Uber but if ur a leaky faucet I doubt u want to risk messing up someones car.

There is also the risk of theft in commuter lots..

Eastern pwc has its issues. Even potomac shores which is tucked waaaaaaaaaaaaay bk there has issues w theft and drag racing. I was previously in port potomac... a lot of theft and was starting to escalate to breakins until the neighborhood pushed bk via surveillance n active policing and eventually it cooled off.

Area is going through a transition as people are moving out and in. My suggestion would be to check iut montclair and lakeridge before deciding. Dont be one rhat buys a nice home in a transitioning community

In addition if u have kids let them drive ur decisions.. they might drive u to stafford (embry mills) or burke/lorton/springfield depending on ur budget

I personally would look elsewhere. But thats just me... hell even the wegmans has drastically changed. Good luck

Old 08-26-2018, 01:27 PM

12,906 posts, read 15,710,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finallystoppedlurking View Post
I personally would look elsewhere. But thats just me... hell even the wegmans has drastically changed. Good luck
Interesting comment on the Wegman's. I've been shopping there since opened. How do you think it has drastically changed?

Old 08-27-2018, 08:27 AM

707 posts, read 1,413,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Interesting comment on the Wegman's. I've been shopping there since opened. How do you think it has drastically changed?
I was going to ask the same thing, I shop there and I haven't seen any changes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia