Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 02:05 AM

595 posts, read 2,312,580 times

Advertisements

My father used to get on the HOV lane right before 6am, and make it to the Yard in 25 minutes from 22150. I remember him saying there were still people coming out of Tracks Nightclub, when he got to work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2008, 04:43 PM

194 posts, read 591,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anpanman View Post
Yes, and no. I grew up in Lake Ridge (granted, a while back). As far as the post office is concerned, Lake Ridge is considered a part of Woodbridge. However, if someone from the area asks where you live, you don't say, "Woodbridge", you say, "Lake Ridge". This lets the listener know that you are talking about the area off Old Bridge Road. If someone said they lived in "Woodbridge", it meant that they lived in the area off of Route 1. Most of the students at Woodbridge High School are from Lake Ridge. It looks like some of the students from Woodbridge got redistricted at some point and now attend Freedom and Gar-Field. In high school, if you lived in Lake Ridge, it was a pain in the rear to drop someone off in Woodbridge after school. If they lived in Lake Ridge, it was easy.
This is false. Lake Ridge only encompasses a small within Woodbridge. Pretty much the area right of 95 with the exception of Occoquan. People that live on Smoketown/Minneville are Woodbridge even though they dont reside in Rt. 1.

Old 09-22-2008, 05:48 PM

2 posts, read 5,309 times
I am new to the area too. I would recommend Bill Battalie of Keller Williams Realty. Bill has been on point with returning my phone calls, sending me listings, showing me houses, and following up with me on showings and offers made to sellers.

Old 09-24-2008, 09:46 PM

84 posts, read 276,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis15 View Post
This is false. Lake Ridge only encompasses a small within Woodbridge. Pretty much the area right of 95 with the exception of Occoquan. People that live on Smoketown/Minneville are Woodbridge even though they dont reside in Rt. 1.
False? As in not true? That's a little harsh and a lot wrong. The official "Lake Ridge" signs (you know, the grayish-brownish ones with blue lettering that have remained basically the same since the early 80's) start at Tackett's Mill, which is on Old Bridge Road. I said that Lake Ridge is the areas off of Old Bridge Road. That's basically the same as what you are saying, except you are counting areas close to Occoquan that aren't really Lake Ridge. I said that Lake Ridge is a part of Woodbridge. You said that "Lake Ridge only encompasses a small within Woodbridge." How is that different from what you are saying, let alone false?

I don't recall addressing all of the areas on Smoketown/Minnieville, but you're not completely right, there, either. Smoketown starts in Lake Ridge, near the Festival at Old Bridge, you know, the Exxon that always has the cheap gas. Anyhow, Lake Ridge extends along Smoketown until you get out of Lynnwood, where you go down and up the big hill and the houses turn from big and wooded to small and boxy. Then you're in Rollingwood. Here's where you are right. Rollingwood is where "Woodbridge" begins.

When I went to Woodbridge, Rollingwood and the areas you are describing were zoned to Gar-Field. So, I really didn't think of them when I was responding. I was writing from a perspective of a WSHS student who sometimes had to drive teammates home to the Rte. 1 area in Woodbridge, even though I lived in Lake Ridge. Sorry if my point-of-view caused any confusion, but what I wrote was certainly not "false".

Old 10-14-2008, 01:54 PM

555 posts, read 2,707,463 times
I agree. I have lived here 30 years and always considered "Lake Ridge" to mean the areas off of Old Bridge.

Old 10-14-2008, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis15 View Post
False. Lake Ridge is anything off of Old Bridge (with the exception of the Occoquan side). Lake Ridge is not small by any means. Lake Ridge goes from Rt.123/Old Bridge all the way to Pkwy/Hoadly. That is a LONG way. It also spans from the Occoquan Reservoir to the Smoketown/Minnieville area. People at the Smoketown/Minnieville area west are Lake Ridge. South they are Dale City. The "Woodbridge" area does't start until the mall area east on the Parkway. This is per the Fire Department and Police Department beat areas as well. Please know what you are talking about before you post it. Thanks.

Old 10-14-2008, 05:22 PM

^ Your response is laughable. It took you a mere 6 minutes to respond with fallacious information just to get a stab back at me in your typical juvenile way. I figured someone who graduated from college with such a facile major would ATLEAST embody some sort of self-restraint and self-respect for himself.

Not only have you proven yourself a novice on matters concerning Woodbridge/Lake Ridge, you also blatantly attempt to fluster others away with your stupidity and poor city outlook. For someone who has supposedly lived in the area for "30 years" you seem to call some communities out on their street and not their community?

Thank you for proving that Prince William County Cops, and you exclusively, are incompetent and the scum of the earth.

May you do us all justice and end yourself.

For those that don't believe me, pull up google.com

Old 10-14-2008, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anpanman View Post
False? As in not true? That's a little harsh and a lot wrong. The official "Lake Ridge" signs (you know, the grayish-brownish ones with blue lettering that have remained basically the same since the early 80's) start at Tackett's Mill, which is on Old Bridge Road. I said that Lake Ridge is the areas off of Old Bridge Road. That's basically the same as what you are saying, except you are counting areas close to Occoquan that aren't really Lake Ridge. I said that Lake Ridge is a part of Woodbridge. You said that "Lake Ridge only encompasses a small within Woodbridge." How is that different from what you are saying, let alone false?

I don't recall addressing all of the areas on Smoketown/Minnieville, but you're not completely right, there, either. Smoketown starts in Lake Ridge, near the Festival at Old Bridge, you know, the Exxon that always has the cheap gas. Anyhow, Lake Ridge extends along Smoketown until you get out of Lynnwood, where you go down and up the big hill and the houses turn from big and wooded to small and boxy. Then you're in Rollingwood. Here's where you are right. Rollingwood is where "Woodbridge" begins.

When I went to Woodbridge, Rollingwood and the areas you are describing were zoned to Gar-Field. So, I really didn't think of them when I was responding. I was writing from a perspective of a WSHS student who sometimes had to drive teammates home to the Rte. 1 area in Woodbridge, even though I lived in Lake Ridge. Sorry if my point-of-view caused any confusion, but what I wrote was certainly not "false".
Sorry if my statement came out really vague. After you provided further information I concur with your assessment. It was your "If someone said they lived in "Woodbridge", it meant that they lived in the area off of Route 1" that had me befuddled. I now see where you are coming from.

Old 10-15-2008, 09:03 PM

As stated prior, call the Police or Fire Departments. My statements in the post prior are facts, not opinions.

Old 10-16-2008, 01:33 PM

3 posts, read 17,330 times
I grew up in Woodbridge on two different sides: the 22191 area code down by Route 1 and 123 and more towards the Manassas side at 22193.
There are good and bad areas. For commuting, I wish I was back over towards the 123 side. The Occoquan neighborhood is quaint and right by 95, they have street festivals, and have some nice newer properties over there by the water. On the side closer out to Manassas there are some newer townhouses and other developments popping up. There's a community of condos/THs/SFH in the Belmont Bay area close to a VRE station off Route 1 that may now be in that price range that is pretty nice. They're building a Science Museum out there and its right by the water with docks. I know a realtor in Woodbridge as well as in Manassas if you're interested after sifting through the posts.

As far as crime and safety goes, I feel safer in 22193 than 22191 for what its worth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia