Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 06:35 PM

555 posts, read 2,704,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrovic View Post
Post was deleted by Nitrovic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2009, 08:17 PM

3 posts, read 5,785 times
Default Route 1 = scary??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis15 View Post
I comprehend the meaning of petty. Notice how I said most. Most meaning in general. The homicide rate is really really low, and the only people that are being taken advantage of are illegals or people that are just moving in from another country.

What is West Lake Ridge? I think you are referring to Westridge. Let me tell you firsthand that any part of Lakeridge is honestly a good place to live. Gainesville is obviously nice do to an uproar in new houses.

Honestly this assessment is very off. There are plenty more great places to live off of Rt.1 like Cardinal Drive.

Also to the thread starter, don't be deterred by less informative information, I have 22 years of experience in Woodbridge and you can ask me if you have any further questions.
Hi - My husband and I are looking all over Woodbridge for a house and we've found a nice one that is "off Route 1" but I'm not sure if this is the "scary" area that everyone keeps referring to. The street is between Leesylvania Elementary School and Leesylvania State Park.
Any thoughts on this area???

Old 05-25-2009, 09:06 PM

555 posts, read 2,704,371 times
I actually grew up in that neighborhood till I was in middle school. It's still pretty nice, the police station is across the street so that always helps. Wegman's is right up the road also. Once they get all that construction done on Rt.1 at Cardinal, it should help traffic. Having said that, rush hour is a disaster from there up to DC.

Old 05-27-2009, 07:31 AM

4,445 posts, read 8,146,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stampie07 View Post
Hi - My husband and I are looking all over Woodbridge for a house and we've found a nice one that is "off Route 1" but I'm not sure if this is the "scary" area that everyone keeps referring to. The street is between Leesylvania Elementary School and Leesylvania State Park.
Any thoughts on this area???
I actually bought a house in the area recently. It's a foreclosure and I'm currently fixing it up. While working in the neighborhood, I've found the neighbors to be friendly. The one right next to me frequently comes over just to ask how things are going and they always wave hello. They introduced me to the neighbor next to them and he too was really friendly. Neighbor across me also came over when I first started working on it.

I've driven through the neighborhood and the houses seem to be kept in pretty good condition. Also there aren't as many foreclosures in this neighborhood as others I looked into. People seem to keep their yards in nice condition so that's a good indicator that they keep the houses also in good repair. Unfortunately I'm the current eyesore but I'm slowly fixing that.

As far as schools, the elementary school you mentioned I've heard is fine. The middle school is zoned for Rippon and the highschool is Potomac. I thought it would have been Freedom since it's just up the road, but apparently the boundary starts at Neabsco/Cardinal.

Like Nitro mentioned, Wegmans is a short drive north. Potomac Mills is one exit North and quick access to Lowes/Home Depot and any other shopping places. The construction on Route 1 seems to be moving right along so hopefully when it's done, it'll ease the congestion a bit. If you're commuting to DC, there is a VRE stop a miles away in Rippon. The closes I95 onramp also has an entrance to HOV.

Old 06-05-2009, 06:59 PM

3 posts, read 5,785 times
Default Thanks!

Thank you so much for your thoughts on this neighborhood. We just put in a contract on a short-sale, so pending bank approval we'll be moving to the neighborhood! Glad to hear people are friendly I'm hoping this one is THE one!!!

Old 06-09-2009, 08:46 AM

I wish you luck on closing your short sale. From what I've read and heard, short sales have a higher closing rate. My buddy is closing on one this week too and it was a pretty quick process considering.

I had another neighbor stop by while I was mowing the lawn this past weekend. We exchanged pleasantries and she introduced me to her very friendly black lab. It's amazing how friendly this neighborhood is.

If you end up getting the place and need a hand, feel free to PM me

Old 05-23-2010, 01:39 PM

1 posts, read 1,520 times
My son is looKing into moving TO woodbridge. Does anyone know of any good condos or townhomes in that area. Also, he works in arlington. About how long is the commute?

Old 05-23-2010, 03:19 PM

7,670 posts, read 14,262,124 times
I'd suggest he look into Lake Ridge if he's set into moving into Prince William County. It would be smarter to move into Fairfax as he'd be closer to Arlington but maybe his budget won't allow it. Construction will start soon on RT(1) North in Woodbridge as an area improvement and I imagine traffic will be worse than usual. Lake Ridge generally sees less crime and has less of an illegal immigrant issue VS Woodbridge. Depending on the time he's driving he can count on an hour or more in his commute.

Last edited by FindingZen; 05-24-2010 at 06:08 AM.. Reason: assuming you meant to put in Route 1 North; let me know if I am mistaken

Old 06-04-2010, 01:29 PM

1 posts, read 1,441 times
Quick question about Woodbridge.
I currently live in Tennessee and I am planning to relocate to VA, to work in Fredericksburg. I am thinking of moving to Woodbridge because I don't want to be too far away from DC.
First, how is the traffic from Woodbridge to Fredericksburg?

Old 06-04-2010, 02:33 PM

That's what is considered a reverse commute in this area. Shouldn't take more than 30-45 minutes depending on what area of Fredericksburg.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia