Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2009, 09:27 AM

6 posts, read 10,725 times

Advertisements

My husband may be transferring to Reston Va. I need to be near Falls Church to be close to a Montessori School there. Can you tell me places to look at and places to avoid in order to be close to both and to be in a safe, affordable neighborhood. We will probably rent for a year or so but I want a single family home. I prefer to stay under 2400 for rent, less is always better. I am also interested to know if there are day spas in the area since I am a licensed massage therapist and will need to work.
Thanks for you help, this is my first time posting so please bear with me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2009, 12:59 PM

1,152 posts, read 3,202,372 times
I can't comment on the day spa thing. I'm an avid weight lifter, yet somehow I've never had a massage! Crazy, methinks .

As for where to live.... well, I'd say, as long as its somewhere with easy access to the Dulles Toll Road, you should be good. Some parts of Falls Church itself even meet that criteria. As long as you have easy access to the Toll Road, your husband's commute to Reston shouldn't be bad at all. I'd consider falls church, esp areas near the West Falls Church metro. McLean may also be worth looking at. I'm not up on specific neighborhoods though, so maybe someone else can chime in here.

Old 05-31-2009, 01:52 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,963,025 times
Plenty of day spas in the area, but I don't know that this is the best time to be looking for work. Seems to me lots of places are cutting back on staff right now.

All of the neighborhoods between Falls Church and Reston are pretty nice. Not sure exactly what you're looking for, but you really can't go wrong in that little corridor. Personally, I prefer Reston.

Old 05-31-2009, 03:51 PM

32,620 posts, read 77,663,615 times
If you choose to live on one end or the other (Reston or Falls Church) just try to live in relatively close proximity to Route 267, which is the Dulles Toll Road. After doing the "Route 7 Bumper Car Cha-Cha Line" for my first week down here to access all points east of my new home in Reston I can safely say it gets very congested very quickly! Another word of advice would be to avoid Reston Parkway southbound through town headed towards Fairfax around 4 PM-6 PM. I was stuck in a NASTY back-log here the other day while going to scope out the campus of GMU in Fairfax. It took me an hour to get there! Slowly yet surely I'm learning some short-cuts though. I feel very comfortable here because I can walk to either Reston Town Center or Lake Anne from my home along North Shore Drive. There are some very comfortable-looking single-family homes in the neighborhood in and around Fairway Drive and Hook Road that are probably reasonably-priced (by NoVA's standards of course). Falls Church seems nice too, but being forced to drive 20-25 miles per hour all through town all the time would get especially tiresome (for me, anyways), as the police there are VERY aggressive with speeding.

Best of luck to you!

Old 05-31-2009, 08:23 PM

2,090 posts, read 4,250,251 times
Here are a few Reston rentals to consider:
View Property Details- 2225 HALTER LN, Reston, VA 20191
View Property Details- 2514 PEGASUS LN, Reston, VA 20191

Also here is a Montessori School in Reston:
Sunset Hills Montessori School

Old 06-01-2009, 06:10 PM

Thank you all, these are all helpful, I really love the rental link, wish I were ready to move now!

Old 06-01-2009, 06:11 PM

Forgot to ask, how long of a commute is it from Falls Church to Reston and vice versa during the week?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
View detailed profiles of: