Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 11:58 AM

1 posts, read 10,292 times

Advertisements

I am getting married in June of 2010 and wanted someplace rustic for our reception like a barn however I'm really shy when it comes to going door to door and asking. I was wondering if anyone on here knew of any barns who's owners would be willing to rent it out for a wedding reception.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2009, 12:04 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,934,961 times
Sunset Hills Winery might be what you're looking for. //www.city-data.com/forum/north...-wineries.html

Old 12-30-2009, 12:30 PM

428 posts, read 1,114,484 times
The carriage house at Oatlands Plantation (http://www.oatlands.org/index.asp - broken link) might fit the bill. It's not a barn, but it does have that beautiful rustic feel. And since Oatlands does weddings all the time, it would be miles easier for you to plan and execute your event than if you had to start totally from scratch in someone's barn.

Old 12-30-2009, 03:26 PM

3,315 posts, read 10,087,071 times
Willow Creek Farm in Broadlands, near Ashburn, part of the Clyde's group.

Clyde's Restaurant Group :: Restaurants :: Willow Creek Farm :: Pictures (http://www.clydes.com/main/RestaurantsPictures.cfm?Restaurant=Willow_Creek_Fa rm&Section=Pictures&Picture=Willow_Creek_Farm_1 - broken link)

The pictures don't do it justice. It's absolutely fabulous inside. The main floor is a former barn and the rest of the attached buildings are historic structures that were relocated to build the place. Not sure about their Private Events as I've only had dinner there. Hope this helps!

Old 12-30-2009, 03:28 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,934,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by South Jersey Styx View Post
Willow Creek Farm in Broadlands, near Ashburn, part of the Clyde's group.

Clyde's Restaurant Group :: Restaurants :: Willow Creek Farm :: Pictures (http://www.clydes.com/main/RestaurantsPictures.cfm?Restaurant=Willow_Creek_Fa rm&Section=Pictures&Picture=Willow_Creek_Farm_1 - broken link)

The pictures don't do it justice. It's absolutely fabulous inside. The main floor is a former barn and the rest of the attached buildings are historic structures that were relocated to build the place. Not sure about their Private Events as I've only had dinner there. Hope this helps!
Great suggestion! I've definitely got to go check this place out. Cool, somethng to add to my New Year's resolutions.

Old 12-30-2009, 03:33 PM

3,315 posts, read 10,087,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post

Great suggestion! I've definitely got to go check this place out. Cool, somethng to add to my New Year's resolutions.
normie, if you love historic structures, architecture, antiques, and the renowned Clydes cuisine, then you'll like this place. The place is outfitted with unique objects like horse bridles and saddles, carriages, weathervanes, folk art, folk painting, and there's a nice big fountain in the courtyard. Bring your camera - lots of photo ops for you, friends, and family!

They also own a nearby farm/growing center where they grow natural/organic vegetables that are actually served in their meals. It's not next to it but if you walk in the back you can see it across a hill.

Old 12-30-2009, 10:37 PM

Location: Sometimes Maryland, sometimes NoVA. Depends on the day of the week
1,501 posts, read 11,750,050 times
If you are looking for a full-on event venue, there isn't much. NoVA isn't exactly a rustic-event place. We searched high and low for something without going down to Charlottesville.

Its not NoVA, but check out the Lodge at Seneca Creek in Boyds, MD: Montgomery Parks: Event Centers

We were looking for something similar - we wanted a log cabin/mountain/rustic feel. Its less than 45 minutes from the mixing bowl with light traffic (and I had to repeat this to my NoVA friends over and over and over. They had to cross the potomac, I might as well have been making them fly to a destination wedding LOL). The first four pictures on this site give you and idea of the look of the place better than the parks website (IMHO).

Smokey Glenn Farm, also in MD, has a barn, but you would be tied to their BBQ.

Great Falls Grange has a rustic feel, but its more old barn church than pure barn. But I helped a friend put on a great wedding there

Old 12-31-2009, 12:47 AM

3,164 posts, read 6,948,567 times
You are so right about Clyde's Willow Creek. The bar is a big barn with antique carriages all over the ceiling. It's huge! The restaurant has lots of cozy rooms with fireplaces. It's just a gorgeous place with good food too.

Old 12-31-2009, 06:34 AM

2,136 posts, read 5,308,494 times
Quite a few years ago, I attended a wedding at the Barns at Wolf Trap. It was lovely (but not rustic in the way that a barn in some farmer's field is going to be.)

Old 12-31-2009, 10:45 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,070,580 times
There's the Kiwanis Barn in Sterling Park. It's not exactly rustic on the inside (more like a standard party room), but I've been to some nice weddings there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia