Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 02:42 PM

8,827 posts, read 15,335,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joke Insurance View Post
With their discreet racist dress-code for customers?

Lucky Strike's Official Dress Code | Lucky Strike
How so? I just looked at it, but don't get the connection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2013, 03:09 PM

5,759 posts, read 10,734,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
... No DOD sticker and no Govt/Military ID: Unless you can prove legit business on that base (taking college class on base, job interview, visiting people on base and they notify security in advance.) I can't think of a reason they would let you in.

Essientally unless you were in the first three situations forget about going to the Ft. Myer lanes.
Unless it has changed in the last 5 years, you can get onto Ft. Myer with just a driver's license and no government affiliation. I did so at about that time, solely for the purpose of bowling there. No fuss whatsoever. (This was before I joined the gummint.)

Old 04-22-2013, 07:48 AM

9,781 posts, read 15,808,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgbwc View Post
I'm guessing because it says "no headgear" which would seem to rule out Muslims, possibly Indians who wear headcoverings, maybe Orthodox Jews, etc. Although they give exceptions for stylish hats, not sure who makes the call on what's stylish.

It seems quite odd to me that you can't wear "Athletic Wear" to a bowling alley - no shorts, jerseys, or sweats, or hoodies. I mean, isn't that what one would usually wear to a bowling alley?

ETA: I see it's a "going out" type place. Looks like a club with bowling. Dress code still seems restrictive to me.

Old 04-22-2013, 07:54 AM

2,380 posts, read 4,519,449 times
Village Lanes in Leesburg is a fun place.

Not sure what King Pinz offers aside from higher prices. The food's about the same IMO.

Old 06-16-2013, 06:05 PM

3,718 posts, read 5,702,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgbwc View Post
They would prefer having their clientele be the yuppie White folks. That is the impression that I got after reading it.

Old 06-18-2013, 12:46 AM

2,369 posts, read 2,916,039 times
cheapest? bowl america. fairfax (the one off guinea rd is considered bowl america burke) or any bowl america centers. Bring your kids final report card showing they got A's and B's and they get to bowl a game free (make sure its the final report card). Shoe rental not included.

Old 06-18-2013, 12:37 PM

197 posts, read 280,630 times
Even more of a ripoff than the Lucky Strike bowling prices are the AMF bar prices. Their wine is priced outrageously despite being from plastic containers. And they forbid people under 21 from playing pool at locations where the pool table is in the bar. Yet at some locations, the bar isn't even enclosed but under 21s still are harassed for entering.

Old 06-24-2013, 11:49 AM

3,718 posts, read 5,702,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monicapies View Post
Even more of a ripoff than the Lucky Strike bowling prices are the AMF bar prices. Their wine is priced outrageously despite being from plastic containers. And they forbid people under 21 from playing pool at locations where the pool table is in the bar. Yet at some locations, the bar isn't even enclosed but under 21s still are harassed for entering.
Have you not seen the prices of the pitchers of beer at the Bowl America locations?

Old 06-24-2013, 02:49 PM

2,369 posts, read 2,916,039 times
yes food prices at bowl america is expensive. it goes up every year by a bit. but then again movie theatres snacks are expensive as well.

bowling isnt expensive at bowl america though. sunday-thursday from 9pm until close it's $9.99 + shoe rental for all you can bowl.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia