Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 03:41 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,700,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gggjfg View Post
I'm not interested in those that simply don't like the place and want to leave. The question is, do you ever long to take a nice 1000 mile drive in the country?
You have hundreds of thousands of people on the hawaain islands, some have no interest in that summer day excusion driving around for miles and others may. What they do or don;t feel, really means nothing to you since its whatever you feel (isn;t it?).

The big island is really the only one where a full trip around the island (doing the dounut) is long enough to satisfy the distance driver. However, its the same trip forward and backwards and the same trip no matter where you start from. With the exception of some side or cut through bypasses, its not like on the mainland where you have 360 degeress of a compass to start your trip.

So if driving is a important part, unless you plan on taking trips back to the mainalnd, its something to consider in the planning. Think of it the same as if yuo love water skying and was moving to New mexico. Or you love Snowboarding and moving to Florida. Or love intelligent people and was moving to Texas. If a place lacks or is very limited in something you need or enjoy, its no different in evaluating the place than anywhere else you are looking at moving to.

Old 08-06-2012, 03:52 PM

Location: not sure, but there's a hell of a lot of water around here!
2,682 posts, read 7,580,468 times
'and was moving to Texas'.... THANKS!!!!! I'VE GOT ICED COFFEE COMING OUT MY FRIGGIN NOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!BBWHWWHWHAAAAAAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAA HAAHAAH...........

I needed that......

Old 08-06-2012, 04:24 PM

257 posts, read 492,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dthraco View Post
Thou doth exude withertude and saltiness in cardboard vampire recluse.
To that I say gggjfg.

Old 08-06-2012, 05:12 PM

1,014 posts, read 2,102,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyboy1225 View Post
To that I say gggjfg.
Exactly.

Old 08-06-2012, 06:50 PM

Hey I just realized you have bit of gggjfg in ya as well dtgraco?

Old 08-07-2012, 03:09 AM

11,053 posts, read 24,065,938 times
Tomorrow morning we are getting up early and going from one end of the island to the other. ICK! Getting in a car and driving is just so frickin boring! I'd rather BE some where than in a car. It's like sitting there watching a TV with a really boring show and no commercials, no popcorn and you are belted to your seat. What's to like about that?

Old 08-07-2012, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotzcatz View Post
Tomorrow morning we are getting up early and going from one end of the island to the other. ICK! Getting in a car and driving is just so frickin boring! I'd rather BE some where than in a car. It's like sitting there watching a TV with a really boring show and no commercials, no popcorn and you are belted to your seat. What's to like about that?
Probably a non medicinal marijuana pot smoker as well. Like I said, I would not rent to him under any circumstances

Old 08-07-2012, 11:36 AM

206 posts, read 571,352 times
I normally don't return to a thread since I usually don't remember where I've been

I don't know if you all intended it, but you brought tears of laughter streaming down my cheeks

One of my comments was a sort of aside to those that feel spending their lives stuck in one spot on the planet, rather than do a little exploring, is an acceptable way of life.

I can hike 20 miles in a day and that's through the mountains. How long do you think your puny little islands would hold me?

Is not the name Captain Cook familiar to you?

There's your straight line guys, go for it

Old 08-07-2012, 12:32 PM

1,014 posts, read 2,102,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyboy1225 View Post
Hey I just realized you have bit of gggjfg in ya as well dtgraco?
No relation to this particular Troll.

The spelling is how the name is pronounced...think Sean Connery as the voice of Draco in DragonHeart (1996).

Old 08-07-2012, 04:06 PM

36 posts, read 57,320 times
Dude there you have it. We have been trolled because we don't have the ability to drive a straight line of 1000 miles because we are on a puny island. Truth be told I doubt if the OP has the ability to dive that as well yet. Montanans are nice folk, they don't have such uppity attitudes for the most part, and they don't appreciate people with such attitudes either. OP is probably from the east where they seem to think they are far superior than the rest of the USA, since they are the birthplace of the nation. Romans thought the same about their city way back when too, it's just human nature to believe they are better than the rest of us plebes. As for "puny" island. OMG I just about died laughing over that. The Hawaiian islands are far from puny. As an island girl from way west of the HI islands, I grew up on an island way smaller than the Flathead Lake in Montana, with a current population of over 4mil people. Now THAT is a puny island. OP suggested the travel as a means of exploration, I get where he is coming from. But in this day and age, with how small the world has become due to technology, there are only a couple frontiers that would be comparable to the explorations of what came before us. Both oceans and space are not easy frontiers to explore without the correct equipment. However going on a boat and setting sail is just as comparable as "driving 1000 miles" just to go somewhere. It just didn't fit the narrow-mindset placed out by the landlocked OP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
View detailed profiles of: