Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 08:55 PM

431 posts, read 940,983 times

Advertisements

I feel your pain.
Every Saturday in my neighborhhod a Christian Rock Band fires up its Hellfire and Damnation routine anywhere from 1000 to 1200 and continues for three to five hours. WOOOHOOOOO!
I am thinking of rigging up a combat speaker system that will blast the Wagner Ride of the Valkyries.
They live in a rental. I am hoping that the owner will place the property on the market, given the uptick.
Sigh............................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2012, 10:02 PM

23,251 posts, read 29,103,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
Okay, it was me rolling down Pali Momi St. at 2 a.m. in my neon green S10 lower rider with tons of modifications (including the exhaust system) and a 50,000 watt sound system.Whoa! lol

Picture Me Rolling...
Keep an eye on rear view mirror (not for the police!) as there's anti-boom car stalkers who love to see where you live, where you park your car next!

From there, imagination/creativity takes a ride to the unknown!

Old 11-18-2012, 01:05 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,525,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Keep an eye on rear view mirror (not for the police!) as there's anti-boom car stalkers who love to see where you live, where you park your car next!

From there, imagination/creativity takes a ride to the unknown!
har har!

Old 11-19-2012, 02:57 PM

174 posts, read 349,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaliPatty View Post
I feel your pain.
Every Saturday in my neighborhhod a Christian Rock Band fires up its Hellfire and Damnation routine anywhere from 1000 to 1200 and continues for three to five hours. WOOOHOOOOO!
I am thinking of rigging up a combat speaker system that will blast the Wagner Ride of the Valkyries.
They live in a rental. I am hoping that the owner will place the property on the market, given the uptick.
Sigh............................

Then I certainly should not complain about the bingo caller that I believe is coming from the assisted living facility in the building next to ours. B...4...

Or the rooster that I can hear over and over before the sun comes up.

Old 12-03-2012, 06:10 PM

38 posts, read 73,231 times
Just call 911. Police. Non-emergency. Say "noise complaint". Give the address. You don't have to talk to an officer. One will eventually come and tell them to turn it down. HPD will not write a ticket unless you swear out a complaint. Of course, the scum who are invading your space will then be able to get your name and address. We have a scumbag neighbor who has been called on over 30 times by other neighbors. He still booms because there's nothing to lose. Like a school kid who talks in class and all the teacher does is tell him not to - over and over and over again. Until the kid receives some consequences he isn't going to change his behavior. To me, it sounds like you'll be moving soon. Try a high floor condo down in Makiki. HPD will not enforce the law unless a complaint is made. As for bingo and "church" singing, likewise call the police. You may want to organize a few neighbors and have them call as well. If it's unbearable, file a complaint right after you arm up and put bars on your windows and your car in storage.

As Joe Souki would say' "We're not like the Mainland." You had better believe it.

Old 12-03-2012, 11:44 PM

33 posts, read 117,485 times
As the OP, I can see that I've actually got it pretty good. I should count my blessings.

Right after my first post, it got cold & rainy for several days. My noise problems stopped. Let's hope for a long & crappy winter. :-)

Old 04-14-2014, 09:28 PM

3 posts, read 4,474 times
I know this is an old thread but I would love some suggestions. We live in a townhouse in Makakilo. Neighbors literally get into physical and verbal fights due to bass level, and general noise level. Long story short our management company and resident manager turn a blind eye and seem to go after the complainers rather than rules breakers. HPD says it is mostly a management company/board/resident manager and can only do something when it is really bad or physical fights break out. Is there anything we can do aside from a lawsuit regarding not enforcing the HOA rules? Any suggestions on laws that might help us to get HPD more involved or the board/management company motivation to do something? keep in mind this is on private property. Bringing a lawyer into the mix seems to be tearing a part the cause even more due to the price tag and time it may take.

Old 04-14-2014, 09:46 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,945,761 times
Small claims won't help you, so trying to get a court to help would be very expensive.

Your best bets are attending HOA meetings and get the topic on the agenda, rally the other owners for a new board, or unfortunately move.

You could always try to go to your local police station and speak to someone in authority, heck maybe even your local congressman could help.

Old 04-14-2014, 10:03 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,767,951 times
Come on you live in Hawai'i you should be happy. Everybody else around the country has to deal with it, what makes you so special? They have a right to blast the stereos, this is america, haven't you heard of free speech? Come on the ideal of respect for others is an old in the past concept, life moves forward not backwards get over it. This is progress welcome to it! lmao!

Old 04-14-2014, 10:09 PM

3 posts, read 4,474 times
Never thought of congressman, thanks.
Maybe I should ask someone higher up in HPD about bullying vs harassment. I know someone at HPD told me before it is extremely difficult to prove criminal harassment but maybe if we get enough people to come forward.

Funny thing is my husband is on the board (for now at least) and about half the other board members recently walked off due to bullying by the management company. Apparently we need 90% homeowner vote to get a new management company, which will just never happen considering our owner occupancy is something like 60%.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu