Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2013, 10:34 PM

64 posts, read 134,938 times

Advertisements

I knew for sure I was in the wrong place after I posted when I saw on top of the page I was in Hawaii. Cute comment about the milage though... aren't we helpful? Anyway, I came across that particular post because I was searching for any discussions about cigarette taxes or being billed. I could not find anything in advanced searches every which way for NJ and cigarette tax notices. Can't remember what search result I finally got, and it took me to the one reply which I partially quoted and commented on. I did not notice the date, or where, or who or anything really, just found a spot to jump in.
Can anyone direct me to the right thread? And please, no smart remarks reminding me I was already told to go to NJ and the directions too! LOL...Just a heading or a particular section please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2013, 12:57 AM

12,969 posts, read 28,457,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcover1 View Post
Can anyone direct me to the right thread?
LOL...Just a heading or a particular section please.
I suppose you could start here...

40 percent of all N.J. cigarettes smuggled into state illegally

Old 12-02-2013, 09:56 PM

23,231 posts, read 29,071,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post

Dear Johnny,

Why don't you just rebel and go out for a day into the forest and fields. Pick all sorts of likely candidates for plants that may be smokeable, and go home and put them on a cookie sheet at 200 degrees in your oven - leave the oven door ajar. I'll bet you will find something that is pretty good, when rolled with some zig-zags. Then you will pay next to nothing for your smokes.

Think about it. It's a great idea!
If you grow your own tobacco, you can dry the leaves, make a tea out of it, and, effectively, drink your tobacco, which the Indians did at one time in South America. But by doing this, if the brew is strong enough, it can trigger hallucinations!

Over the centuries, people have chewed it and sniffed it, and you still get your kick, and the British even used nicotine for enemas.

Way back, the Scottish shunned smoking tobacco, as well as earlier Americans, the Scottish sniffed it and the Americans enjoyed chewing it, and spitting.

Yes, you can get away from smoking it, get the same effect, and much cheaper.

Old 12-08-2013, 02:54 PM

406 posts, read 866,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
If you grow your own tobacco, you can dry the leaves, make a tea out of it, and, effectively, drink your tobacco, which the Indians did at one time in South America. But by doing this, if the brew is strong enough, it can trigger hallucinations!

Over the centuries, people have chewed it and sniffed it, and you still get your kick, and the British even used nicotine for enemas.

Way back, the Scottish shunned smoking tobacco, as well as earlier Americans, the Scottish sniffed it and the Americans enjoyed chewing it, and spitting.

Yes, you can get away from smoking it, get the same effect, and much cheaper.
Come to think of it, I had a great-grandmother that dipped snuff and another great-grandmother that chewed Red Man tobacco.

Mickey
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
View detailed profiles of: