Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 07:03 PM

1,730 posts, read 3,810,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
Until DOE changes compensation for teachers the outlook for Hawaii public school students is bleak - you can't pay teachers in the mid-40's and expect the best and brightest to take teaching positions with the cost of living we have here.
Yes, another indication that the BOE/DOE is the source of many of the problems with the public school system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2013, 07:57 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,827,955 times
Quote:
You may choose to rant a bit about a graph notation that you've seemingly interpreted to mean Hawaii's schools are in fine shape, but the reality is that it is still up to the C-D reader(s) to choose who they want to trust in sending them on a useful path to researching the situation of Hawaii's schools. I'll repeat my recommendations, and then I'll let the reader(s) take it or leave it:
[/quote]
What a bizarre post!
You put a lot of words in my mouth that I didn't say, and put a spin on my posts to bolster your replies. Yes, I assumed anyone would read the "Introduction" to this report without being directed to it. Duh! Apparently, you did not.
I have no dog in this fight, and quoted what appeared to be a positive improvement. If the report is all B.S., so be it. Did you find anything in those 32 page to be true?

Meanwhile, please do not twist or interpret any more of my words.
Sheesh!

Old 03-09-2013, 08:04 PM

1,392 posts, read 3,051,963 times
OP writes
Quote:
We are going to have kids soon, so the school system isn't the biggest concern at this moment.
so, I'm not really sure why this thread is being derailed.

Old 03-09-2013, 08:17 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,827,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiloDiver View Post
OP writes so, I'm not really sure why this thread is being derailed.
You are right.
I tried to explain what seemed, initially, to be a misunderstanding about a bit of good news, and now here we are.
My apologies!
Back to the regularly scheduled broadcast!
BTW: I'm sitting home with an injured knee, and my best friends just called from a ski resort, to report a wonderful day.
Bah, humbug! Surgery in two weeks!
Mr. Cranky

Old 03-09-2013, 11:30 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,316,954 times
Have lived in the LA area, Tidewater VA area, Memphis, New Haven CT, Japan, Kuwait, Germany.... I love it here. I've spent time in Chicago and I love Chigaco people!! But I do love it here. Haven't been here long enough to really get sick of it, if that'll ever happen w/the gorgeous surroundings and great climate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu