Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 08:58 AM

4 posts, read 6,404 times

Advertisements

good morning people! I am so excited to possibly meet some of you,and make Hawaii my
new home!
My fiance and I will be coming over there within the next three months,not sure about the
date,yet.We want to get married there,and then visit his family in Austria,afterwards coming
back to Hawaii to live.
I will be looking for a small dog as soon as we are back there to stay,I am an animal lover
and so anxious to add one to our little family.
We will be looking for a church family,and,
anxious to see everything there,eat at your restaurants,and everything!
I am retired,and here at home I am a CASA volunteer,but,since there is a veterans hospital
I think I would really like to volunteer to be of some service there.
My husband,Rudi wants to look into school there for medical coding,up until recently he was
a banker for over 20 years,and wants to try something different.
Its hard to leave my children and grandchildren,but,I hope to be able for all of us to visit,often
and talk daily.
please look for us on facebook if you would like more info,and,keep in mind that we welcome
any information you can give us on best and safest,cleanest,places to live,(areas also) different services,places to eat,etc
I am so happy to have found this site,and look forward to hearing from you.
Have a wonderful and blessed day!!
Bonnie Hester

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2013, 09:16 AM

Default new residents

I added some pics but cant seem to get size right or get them added to my profile,help??

Old 03-09-2013, 10:50 AM

12,969 posts, read 28,521,103 times
As an anti-spam measure there are limits on what you can do until you have posted at least 10 posts, like not posting links, etc.

Any questions you have about how the forum works, see the Terms of Service at the top of the forum, or the FAQs in the About the Forum section at the bottom of the forum list.

Old 03-09-2013, 12:27 PM

[/quote]

Old 03-09-2013, 05:21 PM

12,969 posts, read 28,521,103 times
Also, you have 90 minutes to edit a new post, or delete it, before it locks.

Last edited by OpenD; 03-09-2013 at 06:12 PM..

Old 03-09-2013, 05:35 PM

2,299 posts, read 4,837,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonniech View Post
good morning people! I am so excited to possibly meet some of you,and make Hawaii my
new home!
My fiance and I will be coming over there within the next three months,not sure about the
date,yet.We want to get married there,and then visit his family in Austria,afterwards coming
back to Hawaii to live.
I will be looking for a small dog as soon as we are back there to stay,I am an animal lover
and so anxious to add one to our little family.
We will be looking for a church family,and,
anxious to see everything there,eat at your restaurants,and everything!
I am retired,and here at home I am a CASA volunteer,but,since there is a veterans hospital
I think I would really like to volunteer to be of some service there.
My husband,Rudi wants to look into school there for medical coding,up until recently he was
a banker for over 20 years,and wants to try something different.
Its hard to leave my children and grandchildren,but,I hope to be able for all of us to visit,often
and talk daily.
please look for us on facebook if you would like more info,and,keep in mind that we welcome
any information you can give us on best and safest,cleanest,places to live,(areas also) different services,places to eat,etc
I am so happy to have found this site,and look forward to hearing from you.
Have a wonderful and blessed day!!
Bonnie Hester
Not sure of your Church denomination, but the Churches I've personally visited and enjoyed were: Word of Life, New Hope (really liked this one) and Hope Chapel. However, I finally settled on City of Refuge Christian Church in Waipahu because of the diversity of the Church, overall feeling of Home when I walked in.

I can feel the excitement in your post, I hope it works out for you!

Old 03-11-2013, 03:45 AM

11,053 posts, read 24,112,534 times
You could also look on some of the other islands if you found Oahu too full. Check with the University in Hilo to see if they would have the classes your husband-to-be will be looking for. Hawaii has a lot of diversity and places to choose from, you'll probably find one you like.

Old 03-12-2013, 09:50 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,389,565 times
We've been searching for a church home. Our preference in CT was Evangelical Free and have visited two really nice EF churches here. We are leaning towards The Harbor.

LOTS of little dogs here!! When are you coming? I saw a lady with 6 at the vets last night! I'm shipping my two over soon. If you need a sitter when you go to Austria let us know!!

Old 03-18-2013, 12:46 AM

11,053 posts, read 24,112,534 times
There is also a variety of religions available that you may not have in the location you are coming from. The Buddhist temples are inclusive and don't require that you convert to their belief system. Basically, their tenets are "do the right thing", "think the right thoughts", etc. and they don't specify what the right thoughts and deeds are so, you can still be whatever religion you like and be Buddhist as well. Buddhists are pretty much about peace, love and understanding, they are a comfortable group to hang around with. They also have the Bon dances over the summertime and other good festivals and everyone goes to them even if they aren't Buddhist.

Old 03-19-2013, 08:58 PM

2,299 posts, read 4,837,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
We've been searching for a church home. Our preference in CT was Evangelical Free and have visited two really nice EF churches here. We are leaning towards The Harbor.

LOTS of little dogs here!! When are you coming? I saw a lady with 6 at the vets last night! I'm shipping my two over soon. If you need a sitter when you go to Austria let us know!!
City of Refuge is very close to you, you should try them out. Also Word of Life has several Church sites throughout Oahu to include Ewa and Waipahu. New Hope is a bit of a drive (downtown) but very nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
View detailed profiles of: