Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 06:44 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,765,373 times

Advertisements

@whtviper1

Cont from last post
Why does our country hate our own poor but can treat other people who don't even pay taxes etc better?

This is the point about you, your in a upper income bracket totally oblivious of another reality then what is told you.

Quote studies etc all you want, but studies can be fixed to present whatever view.

I really just really want to see you see something other then your situation or personal profit. Also i don't want to hijack this thread. Just think about what is said no everything isnt a ok.

Last edited by hawaiian by heart; 03-04-2014 at 06:58 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2014, 07:16 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,938,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post

Two words for you. "Public Schools" one of the worst educational systems. Now who attends them? Malahini Mainlanders? Rich Mainlanders? No, real residents and minorities. Whos on goverment assistance? Rich Mainlanders or Malahini Mainlanders? No. Who lives in rich areas of Hawai'i? Whos Homeless? WAIT! just like i thought. Opps there goes your theory that everything is a ok.

We talk about capitalism, nothing wrong with it as long as its balanced with social responsibility. But classism isnt being responsible. For example of classism, We are fighting a war, to better others(so they say) spending billions a day (example). But what we spend in one day on the war could fund programs to have a better workforce or maybe get back to a making things economy. Which could benifit everyone. But instead its welfare reform. Did you know that in my state 25-30% thats 1 in every 3 or 4 persons are on some goverment assistance just to eat?

Cont next post
Real residents? What is a real resident? Those who lived here a long time ago and don't live here anymore? Or, those who live here.

Minorities? Hmmm, wouldn't that be Caucasians?

Rich areas of Hawaii? Where is that? Kailua, Hmmm, definitely more people born and raised in Hawaii than mainland transfers. Kahala? Drove by the school the other day, they sure seemed pretty "local" to me.

One thing I've noticed, you really like to complain about anyone who is successful. But you never offer ideas or solutions. I've lost track that I suggest we don't lower any taxes and pay teachers more (when we had the GET discussion of food). I've also suggested property tax go higher, because they are artifically low - and divert that to teacher salaries.

All you do is play the blame game. It's Walmart's fault. It's my fault. It's mainlanders fault. It's the US fault for making a Hawaii a state. It's sunny - so it is the suns fault. Blame, blame, blame. Never a solid solution.

Old 03-04-2014, 07:45 PM

2,624 posts, read 7,265,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
Another myth debunked! They aren't all broke on the BI either!

The Cadillac CTS is the 550HP version not just any CTS.

And the Camaro isn't just any V8 Camaro - it is the Supercharged version and I've yet to see one yet (except on Hawaii Five-O). Same for the Corvette.

And the Audi A8 isn't the V8 version (the very common one), it is the V12 version.
Actually, quite a few billionaires and multimillionaires own homes on the Big Island. On the roads near the Kūkiʻo neighborhood, Iʻve seen the vehicles that I previously mentioned along with a plethora of assorted Mercedes AMG models, BMW M models, Porsches, and a few Ferraris.

Old 03-04-2014, 08:09 PM

@whtviper1

I tell you man your really a piece of work, first you have to acknowledge there could be a issue or a problem before any solution can be discussed. For almost a year i have tried to break down your denial and delusion that there is nothing wrong and everything is ok, dang dude no one can even get you to admit your wrong in the first place and there is no middle ground with you. Your way or no way, i say this because we agreed to let you and others handle all the stuff about financial in moving because i haven't been in hawaii for awhile, and i would do culture when i was new. Obviously that didn't work because you a mth later harrasing me on the culture threads saying there is no difference in hawaii from mainland and what does culture have to do with moving, local city issues etc, when that didn't work it was you don't live here, i can only contribute all of this to my views on the culture theads were popular and you were upset because you weren't the BIG MAN!

Continued next post

Old 03-04-2014, 08:25 PM

Continued from previous post

Secound you have NO CLUE! What my beliefs are because you misrepresent and twist what i say to support your denial etc. Example

1. Hawai'ian sovereignty movement- im not a member of any group. I said i won't support any sovereignty that promotes racism, my point was to get people to maybe go hmmm maybe everything wasn't ethical. Further my point was if found illegal then the right thing was return it to its people. You and others freaked claimed racism, how it was unfair or everyone does it.

2. Localism, you called me a racist when all im doing is presenting how alot of locals think and further i don't make the rules. What is interesting is how you won't acknowledge classism etc, you believe anyone can be successful if they just jump thru the hoops. Ive just said the samething about being a local. I know whites who are, but its earned. Oh no no is your response.

3. You have paintted me as some radical outsider when really i believe in freedom and democracy,

Cont next post

Last edited by hawaiian by heart; 03-04-2014 at 08:49 PM..

Old 03-04-2014, 08:42 PM

Continued from previous post

3) Ive served our country during iraq.

4) I don't have a problem with anyone moving to Hawai'i. My hope is to help people to move with the awareness to love the aina, be part of the community and preserve the lifestyle and culture. Unlike you who acts like your a local by saying to anyone "you don't live here" even if there right. Also i want others who appear to not exploit the aina and others for their personal pleasures.

5)Im not racist, i just can't stand people who glory in always being right, who takes pride in being closed minded. Ive spent almost a year wasting my time to just get you to broaden your narrow thinking. Im done you won't have my contributions to your discussions anymore.

Sorry to anyone who is an innocent bystander i had to get this off my chest.

Oh by the way some of my best friends are richer then you viper. Oh and by the way hope you feel superior because you have been harrasing, bulling etc a disabled person! jerk

Last edited by hawaiian by heart; 03-04-2014 at 08:52 PM..

Old 03-04-2014, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post

5)Im not racist,
Hmmm, you seem to be obsessed with racial name calling.

Old 03-04-2014, 10:06 PM

1,872 posts, read 2,819,711 times
Hawaiian By Heart and Whtviper or is it Captain and Tennille?
You two will NEVER put each other on your Ignore List!
LOL!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6UrAroBHsM

Old 03-04-2014, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McFrostyJ View Post
Hawaiian By Heart and Whtviper or is it Captain and Tennille?
You two will NEVER put each other on your Ignore List!
LOL!
I just can't do it, lol - I actually feel sorry for him.

Old 03-04-2014, 10:30 PM

12,969 posts, read 28,468,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonah K View Post
Actually, quite a few billionaires and multimillionaires own homes on the Big Island. On the roads near the Kūkiʻo neighborhood, Iʻve seen the vehicles that I previously mentioned along with a plethora of assorted Mercedes AMG models, BMW M models, Porsches, and a few Ferraris.
Yes, indeedy. According to a 2010 feature in Honolulu Magazine 9 of the 10 most expensive houses in Hawai'i, and 14 of the top 25, are located on the Kona Coast of the Big island.

The 25 Most Expensive Homes in Hawaii - Honolulu Magazine - September 2010 - Hawaii

Of course, that list may need to be updated, now that Larry Ellison, who Forbes just named the 5th richest man in the world, just bought 9 more homes on Lanai, and now owns 98% of the whole frickin' island!

5 of Larry Ellison's Properties In Case He Gets Bored of the Island of Lanai - ABC News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu