Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2014, 07:37 PM

2 posts, read 2,614 times

Advertisements

Hi All,
I am moving to Honolulu and will be working on "Ward Ave # Main, Honolulu, HI 96814". I have 3 kids so looking for 2 bedroom apartment but my priority is Good School neighbor.

Can someone help me to find good school and some apartment community also what is the normal rent for 2 bedroom apartment?

Thanks
Alex
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2014, 07:49 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,930,312 times
Your search should start here:

craigslist: hawaii jobs, apartments, personals, for sale, services, community, and events

2 bedroom apartment with 3 kids? I'd budget at least $3,000/month for an apartment of sufficient size to hold you all + utilities. As you go lower in price, the commute will get longer. You'll need to balance your needs with your budget.

Old 11-25-2014, 08:21 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,342,113 times
Great advise. As usual... grumble grumble....

Old 11-25-2014, 08:43 PM

1,585 posts, read 2,111,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neerajacc View Post
Hi All,
I am moving to Honolulu and will be working on "Ward Ave # Main, Honolulu, HI 96814". I have 3 kids so looking for 2 bedroom apartment but my priority is Good School neighbor.

Can someone help me to find good school and some apartment community also what is the normal rent for 2 bedroom apartment?

Thanks
Alex
Here are some school rankings - Best Schools in Hawaii - HI School Rankings

What is your monthly budget for rent and utilities? Are you willing to sit in traffic for an hour a day? 2 hours a day? Do you need to take your kids to/from school? Do you have flexible work hours?

If you want a short commute and a good school district you're limited to Manoa or Nuuanu. If your time isn't that valuable and you don't mind sitting in lots of traffic you can venture out to Hawaii Kai or Mililani. The latter will cost you 2 hours a day in commuting time (the former about 90 mins). Another good area is Aina Haina/Niu Valley which are in great school districts and fairly short commute (under 30 mins to town) but not many 2 bdrms available (if at all) in those areas and rents are pricey.

Old 11-25-2014, 09:05 PM

2 posts, read 2,614 times
Thanks you all for the info.

Old 11-25-2014, 10:12 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,257,935 times
Here are some rental companies to check out. You can see the prices.

http://www.homes.com/rentals/honolulu-hi/

Also Craigslist.
hawaii apts/housing for rent - craigslist

Sometimes you can get lucky and find something, a little lower in price.
Also some of the condo apartments you can find where Utilities are included with the rent.
Best of luck in your search.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
View detailed profiles of: