Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2016, 10:56 AM

12 posts, read 61,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
For the most part no one is going to allow the dogs.

You cannot find rent for $2500 in the new Ewa side (I just did a quick search), mainly because the properties are larger than a 2 bedroom.

It hardly ever rains here, but rocks the solar.

What do you use to search?? I had found MANY options in Ewa off Craigslist, that's where Ewa beach came from. I won't be there until December so it's so hard to look now and see. No relevant. Would you buy a foreclosure?? Are the loans hard in Hawaii on foreclosures??? None of our mainland banks are there so it's a whole NEW arena for me. Is it hard to buy there??

THANK YOU for your time and energy!!! You're the BEST!!! It WILL come back to you. I promise!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2016, 10:57 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
I wouldn't buy without living here.

I don't know what your budget is to purchase.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-06-2016, 12:24 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,736,406 times
Concur you should rent before buying. That's just common sense.

Old 05-06-2016, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
Concur you should rent before buying. That's just common sense.

Less common when you can RENT out a place as easily as Hawaii!!

Old 05-06-2016, 03:46 PM

11,049 posts, read 24,014,485 times
Kailua is lovely, it rains enough to keep it green and then the sun comes out and makes rainbows. It's gonna be expensive, though.

Do you have to commute anywhere?

Why Oahu? Unless you have a reason to choose Oahu specifically, there's just as beautiful and much less expensive places to live in Hawaii.

Old 05-06-2016, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotzcatz View Post
Kailua is lovely, it rains enough to keep it green and then the sun comes out and makes rainbows. It's gonna be expensive, though.

Do you have to commute anywhere?

Why Oahu? Unless you have a reason to choose Oahu specifically, there's just as beautiful and much less expensive places to live in Hawaii.

ALOHA!! ;-D Thank you for commenting! I work for myself at home so no commute. I have always like being ABLE to have a 'big' city feel from time to time. Almost everyone points to the big island, but it's just TOO slow for me. So is Maui. Oahu has the right 'feel'. Figures it's expensive, LOLOL

Out of curiosity......where would YOU recommend?? Mahalo!!!

Old 05-06-2016, 04:58 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,572,039 times
Arriving in Honolulu with 2 dogs and no place to stay will be a problem. Landlords in Hawaii are the most dog-unfriendly I've ever experienced. Could you leave the dogs on the mainland until you get settled and then have them sent over? I also have to wonder, why Oahu?

Old 05-06-2016, 05:30 PM

5,529 posts, read 12,660,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbyc View Post
What do you use to search?? I had found MANY options in Ewa off Craigslist, that's where Ewa beach came from. I won't be there until December so it's so hard to look now and see. No relevant. Would you buy a foreclosure?? Are the loans hard in Hawaii on foreclosures??? None of our mainland banks are there so it's a whole NEW arena for me. Is it hard to buy there??

THANK YOU for your time and energy!!! You're the BEST!!! It WILL come back to you. I promise!!
You can get a mortgage for a house in Hawaii through Quicken Loans, for one. We just refinanced our house on the Big Island through them. I think our previous loan was from another mainland bank. It's not any harder to buy here than in any other state. The hard part is being four hours or more behind your mortgage company's office.

There are realtors who handle foreclosures, so you might want to find one on Oahu. The problem we have in our neighborhood is that foreclosures sit empty for years as the paper gets moved from one bank to another. And sometimes it's impossible to trace the current bank holding the deed!

Old 05-07-2016, 12:40 AM

2,417 posts, read 3,251,881 times
Look in the Aiea, Pearl City areas are good place to live. But might be a little pricey.

Unless you own your home your pet problem will be a tough one to find rentals at first.
Rentals can be found but it will be a hunt to find the right house.

Stay away from Kalihi, Waipahu near the Pupu Streets, old Ewa Beach. Waianae, Makaha.
Good luck in your search.

Old 05-07-2016, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottStielow View Post
Look in the Aiea, Pearl City areas are good place to live. But might be a little pricey.

Unless you own your home your pet problem will be a tough one to find rentals at first.
Rentals can be found but it will be a hunt to find the right house.

Stay away from Kalihi, Waipahu near the Pupu Streets, old Ewa Beach. Waianae, Makaha.
Good luck in your search.

ALOHA Scott!! THANK YOU for your response. You're comment had a FABULOUS energy to it!! I appreciate you immensely!! Mahalo!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu