Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2016, 02:42 PM

788 posts, read 513,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj737 View Post
LOL.

It's funny how you argue with people... then agree with what they are saying... but still manage to argue that you agree with that person.

It's quite a unique and amazing skill you have.
I am particularly fond of the way he twists you around into a pretzel and then lets you go like an inflated balloon sputtering across the room. Great stuff!! Equally amusing is how yo play right into his hands. Keep it up, I'm taking notes!!!

Anyway, it is good to see friendly spirited debate, so I compliment both of you on your sparring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2016, 02:44 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,920,952 times
Quote:
LOL.

It's funny how you argue with people... then agree with what they are saying... but still manage to argue that you agree with that person.

It's quite a unique and amazing skill you have.
You missed the point entirely again. The point is people moving here arent impacting home prices all that much

Old 07-09-2016, 02:46 PM

1,585 posts, read 2,110,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Propulser View Post
I am particularly fond of the way he twists you around into a pretzel and then lets you go like an inflated balloon sputtering across the room. Great stuff!! Equally amusing is how yo play right into his hands. Keep it up, I'm taking notes!!!

Anyway, it is good to see friendly spirited debate, so I compliment both of you on your sparring.

Touché.

This forum would be no fun if we all ignored each other's nonsense.

Old 07-09-2016, 02:52 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
I know in San Francisco about 30% of home buyers pay in cash..... I don't think Honolulu's numbers are that high.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-09-2016, 03:15 PM

1,585 posts, read 2,110,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I know in San Francisco about 30% of home buyers pay in cash..... I don't think Honolulu's numbers are that high.

Not just higher... but 60% higher (48% vs 30%)

http://www.bizjournals.com/pacific/n...h-cash-in.html

Of course this varies from quarter to quarter... but overall we generally stay over 40% as an average. That's a shocking statistic considering how expensive homes are here. Buying $100K homes in green sludge Florida all cash isn't surprising. But HALF of all homes sold in the $700K-$1M range going all cash is, quite frankly, hard to wrap my head around.

Last edited by pj737; 07-09-2016 at 03:25 PM..

Old 07-09-2016, 03:19 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
Quote:
Not just higher... but 60% higher (48% vs 30%)

http://www.bizjournals.com/pacific/n...h-cash-in.html

Of course this varies from quarter to quarter... but overall we generally stay over 40% as an average. That's a shocking statistic considering how expensive homes are here.

THAT'S interesting. Thanks!
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-09-2016, 03:45 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,920,952 times
Why do you think that's a high number?

Think of all the people sitting on massive equity - and Hawaii has the 4th highest per capita millionaires excluding retirement and home equity.

Regardless, I'm sure many of the cash buyers secure financing after the home is purchased as it makes no sense to not finance the first $1,000,000 since it is all deductible and that money can be parked in higher interest bearing equities.

Old 07-09-2016, 10:47 PM

4 posts, read 2,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
You missed the point entirely again. The point is people moving here arent impacting home prices all that much
Hi, just wondering if thats true or not? I read earlier in the thread this "The average price for homes purchased by foreign residents was the highest at $785,604, followed by homes purchased by U.S. mainland buyers at $630,390, while homes purchased by Hawaii residents averaged at $478,189" If this is true i would think that those outside of Hawaii are making an impact on the market?

Also does Oahu have the state's highest concentrations of rich and poor?

Old 07-09-2016, 10:53 PM

788 posts, read 513,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808 Vibes View Post
Hi, just wondering if thats true or not? I read earlier in the thread this "The average price for homes purchased by foreign residents was the highest at $785,604, followed by homes purchased by U.S. mainland buyers at $630,390, while homes purchased by Hawaii residents averaged at $478,189" If this is true i would think that those outside of Hawaii are making an impact on the market?

Also does Oahu have the state's highest concentrations of rich and poor?
What was it that the Terminator said? Oh yes, "I'll be bacK". Sure enough, he came back.

More importantly, however, what is the per-capita crack-seed consumption, and the consumption of crack-seed by the poor vs the rich, and are the rich eating so much crack-seed that the poor can't get any, or are the rich changing the nature of crack-seed, so that it no longer appeals to the poor, or are they driving the price of crack-seek through the roof out of the budget of the downtrodden poor, or do they sell crack-seek at them evil, devilish big-box stores that nobody wants, but so many frequent, yada yada yada ad infinitum...

Old 07-09-2016, 11:57 PM

4 posts, read 2,599 times
Lol, i read what you said about racial purity to that member who you thought was Hawaiian. Shame on you, those people are just trying to save 10% of what they had. You sir are either very narrow minded or your a white nationalist hiding behind the american flag? You continue to support a system that isn't democratic or american and is the biggest form of racial purity there is. But of course we cant point out that the one percent in wealth is about 91 percent white or whites have 12 times the wealth of blacks, 10 times that of Hispanics. So please sir explain to everyone how in a democracy that happened? Oh wait i forgot all you guys were born with a little extra from god right? Oh wait, you just are more hardworking as a race? Yeah thats got to be it. So please keep your form of America to the old south ok.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu