Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 11:48 PM

20 posts, read 24,759 times

Advertisements

Alright gentleman, I am flying to Honolulu next Tuesday by myself to scope it out. We are trying to live as close to the National Cemetery as possible. So if you have valuable information on those areas I am all ears. I keep you posted on what I find.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2017, 08:13 PM

163 posts, read 268,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
If you lived in Hawaii you'd know and suspect you wouldn't find anything in that price range.

I mean seriously- let's get real.

$60 a night or less short term. Come on now.
How on earth are you arguing with CL that clearly lists available units in the OP's price range? That makes no sense! You don't have to live here to know how to read advertisements.

Old 05-09-2017, 09:04 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,894,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
How on earth are you arguing with CL that clearly lists available units in the OP's price range? That makes no sense! You don't have to live here to know how to read advertisements.
Hmmm, I don't see any short-term rentals in that price range in that area (actually, any price range). I see a few rooms for rent in the temporary/sublet area - but nothing for a family - again, emphasis on short-term. There isn't much at all available short-term, at any price range on the entire island.

Sure, you can rent long-term for a really small unit (800 sq ft or less) and we can debate how suitable that is with kids.

Old 05-09-2017, 11:20 PM

451 posts, read 411,511 times
Quote:
Hmmm, I don't see any short-term rentals in that price range in that area (actually, any price range). I see a few rooms for rent in the temporary/sublet area - but nothing for a family - again, emphasis on short-term. There isn't much at all available short-term, at any price range on the entire island.

Sure, you can rent long-term for a really small unit (800 sq ft or less) and we can debate how suitable that is with kids.

Hmmm. WV, after once again reading the thread, the notion of 'short-term rentals' appears to be your assumption. If you go back and read the OP's post, there is nothing to suggest that there was a short-term horizon indicated in the post. Their initial rental budget amount was predicated on the OP not working, and there is no statement that that they would immediately move once a job was landed. Finally, the OP did NOT indicate that they desired a short term rental, and neither you or any other posters inquired if that was indeed their plan.

With regard to 'really small unit(s)', there are any number of these sized units on Oahu and other islands that families with kids either rent or own. You should already be aware of this.

Old 05-10-2017, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkdlady View Post
to rent for a month or so
Looks short term to me.

Even trying to do airbnb is practically impossible at $60/day.

Old 05-10-2017, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Looks short term to me.

Even trying to do airbnb is practically impossible at $60/day.

See my response re the YMCA on Atkinson. Ever stayed there?

Old 05-10-2017, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Monkey View Post

WV, never worry. If you ever find yourself kicked out of the house, you can stay at the Nu'uanu YMCA at $45/night or $255/week. Community shower and bathroom, of course.

Old 05-10-2017, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Monkey View Post
No.

Nor is that located at Punchbowl. And I doubt you can book a month or more straight. But if you do book, do it soon - it's eventually getting torn down when the developer can get its act together.

Old 05-10-2017, 01:54 AM

Quote:
No.

Nor is that located at Punchbowl. And I doubt you can book a month or more straight. But if you do book, do it soon - it's eventually getting torn down when the developer can get its act together.

No, it isn't located at Punchbowl, but Atkinson to Punchbowl is certainly within walking distance for people who enjoy walking, and of course, there is always The Bus. One way fare is a just $2.50. Less than a latte!

Old 05-10-2017, 11:32 AM

11,049 posts, read 24,014,485 times
Dunno as if an hour's walk is 'within walking distance' for most folks, but it's really easy to catch a bus from the Ala Moana area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
View detailed profiles of: