Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2017, 01:36 AM

1 posts, read 1,597 times

Advertisements

Where, how to get one. I see a few tents set up. Looks like fun!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2017, 02:22 AM

12,120 posts, read 17,910,958 times
Wrong forum. You meant the Italy forum.

Camping Village Waikiki

Old 06-30-2017, 02:49 AM

2,095 posts, read 1,558,762 times
no need permits for that one. when you see the popo state reps coming, just show em your mahalo card and flash a shaka. That's the secret code when you want local style freebies

Old 06-30-2017, 10:53 AM

48,532 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimo999 View Post
Serious, took a stroll thru Waikiki last night and was shocked to see a Homeless camp set up. The gobernment should have left them under the FREEWAY!
I don't go to Waikiki often, but surprised to hear they are camping on Waikiki.....?

Anyway, they are under the freeways too.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-30-2017, 12:46 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,910,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I don't go to Waikiki often, but surprised to hear they are camping on Waikiki.....?
I'm in Waikiki often and I don't buy anyone is currently seeing any "camps" in Waikiki - out of all the areas of the island, the police rapidly usher out any homeless within Waikiki - they heavily enforce sit-lie laws. the last "camp" if I remember correctly has been removed from Diamond Head.....

The City, in my opinion, has done a decent job in moving them out of the tourist areas......

Old 06-30-2017, 12:57 PM

homeless encampments are everywhere else in town except for Waikiki, they get pushed out of the tourist district and into everyone else's neighborhoods pretty quickly. common to see homeless lying on the beach, but not popping up camping tents, etc.

Old 06-30-2017, 01:13 PM

That's what I thought. HAVE been seeing them in the elevated areas in the freeway corridor. It's kinda like high end private high rises for homeless.

Old 06-30-2017, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
That's what I thought. HAVE been seeing them in the elevated areas in the freeway corridor. It's kinda like high end private high rises for homeless.

if you're a passenger in a car, next time you're on Nimitz driving up to the airport viaduct going westbound, look hard to the left as you're going up that ramp. You'll see all the encampments, even vehicles built into the side of the freeway. Almost like little apartments. hard for the regular person to spot unless you're actually looking for it.

Old 06-30-2017, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimo999 View Post
Retraction. The tent I saw was for surfboards.... Lol. Still-there is a heavy presence of deadbeats in WAikiki. There must be a problem as there was HpD presence in McDonalds the other night.
HPD coverage is always heavy in Waikiki, it is good for tourism.

Old 06-30-2017, 10:44 PM

11,053 posts, read 24,031,211 times
Someone once told me they start all the bright and shiny rookies off in Waikiki. Not sure if it's true or not, but they do keep a lot of HPD there. Most locals know not to cause trouble in Waikiki, it's semi-sacred tourist terrain and not to be messed with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu