Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2021, 12:23 PM

2,400 posts, read 782,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazedCamper View Post
If I lived on an island know for world-class vacations I wouldn't want tourists either.
Is that you or your bank account talking?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2021, 07:13 PM

30,613 posts, read 18,198,614 times
I'm on my way back from Honolulu now. Things were much as I remembered them generally, with the exception of fewer crowds at tourist sites (to include in Waikiki and at various beaches) and less traffic during rush hour on the highways and byways. I was also bummed to still find many places closed (I know some spots are closed permanently, but others still claim to be temporarily closed), but was able to get my food fill at places like Helena's, Fresh Catch, Foodland Farms, Poke On Da Run, Fooki (although I wasn't blown away by this place), and Restaurant 604. We went to a few high end places, too, but I still prefer the hole in the wall joints.

We also did the standard touristy stuff, to include Koko Head (though I always say "this" is the last time I'll do that cursed hike, but whoever I'm with on the island always ends up dragging me along and I end up hating myself during the hike ), some of the Pearl Harbor sites (although the Arizona Memorial was closed for emergency repairs), various beaches, etc.

We saw a few anti-vaxxers out protesting with loudspeakers in Waikiki, cursing out state officials and carrying signs saying things like "Unvaccinated Lives Matter" and "Unvaccinated and Proud"

All in all, I enjoyed seeing the island without the usual crowds. The residents I ran into didn't seem put off by any tourists, but that was my experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu