Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 08:03 PM

Location: not sure, but there's a hell of a lot of water around here!
2,682 posts, read 7,573,335 times

Advertisements

I absolutely HATE it here, and am going to move the first chance I get!!!! Whatever you do,, DON'T MOVE TO HAWAII, THE PLACE SUCKS!!!!!Hardly anyone speaks a word of English, they all speak this jibberish called "Pigeon", think that's because they sound like a pigeon when they speak!!! The school system is prehistoric, most 10th graders can't read or right....Cost of living is off the charts!!!!!! The ocean is polluted with whale crap during the whale season, whenever that is, so you don't even think about swimming out there. There's gangs of local kids, whatever that means, on skate boards, armed with machine guns, killing tourists at random, the cops don't do anything about it!!! If the kids don't kill you, the vog definitely will!!!! Geologists have determined that Haleakala is overdue for an eruption, (probably shouldn't have typed that?), and all of Wailea could easily be wiped out!!! Tax rate is about 80% higher than California!!! Politicians are corrupt!!! The road system is absolutely falling apart!! The beaches are covered with sand!!!! And you can't find a decent Lau Lau anywhere!!!!! What the heck is up with that??? There are stray cats everywhere, (or was that a band?), geckos that try to poop on your head from the ceiling all the time!!! 4 foot long centipedes that try to steal your hubcaps at night, that is, if you're still lucky enough to have some!!! It's always around 80 degrees, so what the heck are you going to do with all the sweaters you brought over?????? People, mostly in Jeeps and convertible Mustangs, drive like they're Rambo or something!! There's a sunset every night, unless, of course, you're on the east side of the Island, in which case you can't see it go down, you can only see it come up, which I don't think is fair, they should do something about that!!! But they won't, because everyone in Hawaii is just plain LAZY!!!!And, did I fail to mention the absoutely RAMPANT CANNIBALISM!!!!!!!! IT'S BEEN GOING ON FOREVER!!!!!Just go down to the beach park any givin weekend, what's everybody doing, HAVING A BBQ!!!! I know it kind of tastes like pork....BUT IS IT REALLY!!!! Cannibalism, loss of tourism, or, is it, JUST A LOSS IN TOURISTS!!!!!! You be the judge. Try to find a bottle of A1 Steak sauce at the store, it's all gone!!!! Kind of makes you wonder, doesn't it???? And Manoagirl, if you had actually ever really been to Hawaii, you would know how screwed up it is!!!! I agree with Aha 110%, everything he said was right on the money!!!!

Aloha

Now maybe I can get a little privacy, beach has been kind of crowded as of late

Last edited by Jungjohann; 08-18-2008 at 09:12 PM..

Old 08-19-2008, 07:14 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,777,671 times
Quote:
The beaches are covered with sand!!!!
Woe! There is injustice and then there is pure insanity. A beach with sand! Go figure!

Old 08-19-2008, 09:09 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Hey Jung ya'll forgot about the rampant shark attacks and swarms of jellyfish. Can't put a toe in the water without gettin' bit or stung. And what about all those Malaria infested swamps inland!?

Old 08-19-2008, 12:48 PM

795 posts, read 2,298,808 times
Talking Kickapoo trackers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejeans View Post
The wrong side of the tracks in Oahu?
Tracks??? What tracks??? dog, cat, rat, -- mongoose -- that's it, them mongoosesssss are a tracking up the place again.

Old 08-19-2008, 01:22 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,516,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peek1967 View Post
Blue Jeans and anyone else responding to the initial query regarding SW Oahu or the relative safeness of anywhere on Oahu. I recently PCS'd here, yes military. The one reason why higher crime=Schofield Barracks=military is not the military personnel. its mainly beacause the military chooses to place its bases in low rent districts due to the cost of living and the fact that the wealthy who have a say, do not want military bases near their home. Basically most of Oahu is a slum. There are several scattered neighborhoods in Central Oahu, Royal Kunia, Millilani Mauka and possibly the Millilani Tech Park area that are somewhat decent. Near Kanoehe Bay and Kailua Bay there are some decent areas to live. Outside of that Oahu is a slum. 98% of the areas are so poverty stricken it is a shame. The HI government seems bent around the axle about the new rail system rather than trying to fix the poverty issues. Wainae is in a state of depression, sure Sea Country is nice (new subdivision) but if you're non-island-white/black/hispanic, etc don't head to the beach or you'll be approached by a 300lb Samoan telling you to leave. The drug scene and the violent crime in Wainae is local not military related. Waihiawa is the town just east of Schofield again the drug scene, prostitution and petty crime will make you wish you didn't travel up 99. Be leery of the "watched too much Gangsta Rap on MTV" crowd. None of them are official "gangs" just a bunch of punks. Be careful of the "Kamehameha" windsheild groups, they hate non-islanders. Good Luck--I'd rethink the relocation concern. I'm deploying soon and the wife and child are already heading back to the mainland due to the BS here.
I was born and raised in Wahiawa Heights. The reason we have hookers in Wahiawa is because of the Army. It's the young GIs who are keeping the male hookers busy and well-paid.

Old 08-19-2008, 01:34 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,516,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peek1967 View Post
You seem clueless to Hawaii. Do you live here? Preschools costing between $300 and $1000/month. Children here can barely speak english. Preschoolers are practically illiterate. None even seem at first level reading. Poverty is everywhere. Racism is also everywhere on Oahu. I'm doing my 36 months and not looking back. This state sucks. Military area =higher crime. That is the area around the base where no military live. Wahiawa is a slum. North Shore and Haliewa are slums-beautiful beaches but the housing is slums. I've been to Korea and Japan numerous times. The Asian community is turning Waikiki into Pyongtaek, S.Korea witha beach. There are so many homeless down there its shameful. Wake up really early tomorrow morning and grab that Starbucks Latte and head to the beach. watch out for the bums. Schools-talk to any "local" child age 3-7 and see if you get a coherent response. Half the teenagers give up on school by the 10th grade, take that ABC Store paycheck and head to the beach with a surfboard. Ya, great place, great schools-Clueless, I tell ya.
Again...more blanket statements and pejorative comments about Asian and Asian-Americans. Do you even wonder why you might get the stink eye with your lousy attitude. You seem to hate everyone! Heck, I can't even wait for you to leave Hawaii. Good luck to you!

Old 08-19-2008, 04:04 PM

2,724 posts, read 6,425,582 times
Moderator note: There are many informative members in the Hawaii forum and not everyone has the love for the islands as you guys do. Your stories are mesmerizing and I can picture myself there, sipping a cold one and enjoying the beauty.
When the thread denigrates into a debate, it is time to close it.
Thanks,
7th
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu