Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2008, 01:08 AM

66 posts, read 354,064 times

Advertisements

I used to think that the worst elements of society lived in *trailer parks.* I lived in one as a kid and remember all the drunks, fighting neighbors and visits from the police. Since I moved to Oahu I've lived in the stackable cinder block trailer parks called WALKUPS! These are even worse because the whacko's are a mere wall away from you.

My Schizophrenic downstairs neighbor has hit the outside of our unit with wood and metal pipes at the mere sound of footsteps. He dumps his cigarette butts out by our car and has vandalized our property. He says that we are *the enemy.* Does the nearly non existent management do anything. Yes, they said it's not their business but a police matter. Management has also ignored our calls about the leaky fridge and toilet. The bathroom floor is warping because of water damage. I'm totally afraid that one day I'll be on the pot and fall through the floor only to get assaulted by the schizo who will be waiting with his pipe.

Today a neighbor from the next building was urgently yelling, "Get out, Get out!!!!" I thought for sure I would see smoke and flames billowing from her roof. Then she yells, "Get out, outta my haus!!!

I can hear everyone's TV's blaring from all around. The view from my patio is people's unmentionables hanging from their clothesline. Honestly that's just TMI, I really have a hard time looking you in the eye when I pass you on the street knowing you're wearing *Hot Stuff* boxers and your wife is donning a neon pink bra with frilly black lace and a matching thong.

Things get really fun when the nutters get territorial of the common areas. They tell you things like you can't walk along *their* side of the house to get to the back. Or you can't walk up *their* stairs to get to your door. You're supposed to go all the way around, twice as far to the other side or better yet scale the patio with your rope and grapple.

Being the new tenant in the trailer park, er walk up you will get blamed for anything that goes wrong. If a garbage can gets blown over one of the territorial nutters will leave you a note telling you "Go back where you came from and quit messing up our place." Uh gee, I moved here to Makiki from Moililli (another trailer park, er walk up community) you want me to go back? The rent was cheaper....hmmmm. But then there was the neighbor who could scream at her husband in broken English, Spanish and Japanese. The thing she said most often was *el Stupedo!* She also assaulted the 17 year old downstairs neighbor and accused him of smoking pot and being a drug dealer. Who's the one smokin somethin? Go back? Nah, I'll stay here.

ATTENTION: City planners, please create zoning for some REAL trailer parks. I would take a real trailer park to these cinder block walk up wanna be's anyday!

Last edited by 7th generation; 12-31-2008 at 03:31 PM.. Reason: please watch your language
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2008, 01:14 AM

Location: not sure, but there's a hell of a lot of water around here!
2,682 posts, read 7,573,335 times
Just what part of Kapolei is this????

Hau'oli maka hiki hou
BTW, that was some great writing

Old 12-31-2008, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungjohann View Post
Just what part of Kapolei is this????

Hau'oli maka hiki hou
BTW, that was some great writing
Makiki and Moililli. Both great places for meeting the mentally challenged on
Section 8. Does Kapolei have trailer parks..er lovely cinder block walk ups as well? If so maybe I'll move there next.

Old 12-31-2008, 02:10 AM

Location: not sure, but there's a hell of a lot of water around here!
2,682 posts, read 7,573,335 times
Yep, Kapoleis got em, just without the luxury of cinderblock, 2x4 wood stud party walls instead, and, if there is a party going on next door, you'll definitely know about it,,,, and, if there's a little "action" going on upstairs, as in matress marathons, you'll be hoping that someone hits, "the wall".......

Aloha and hau'oli maka hiki da kine

Old 12-31-2008, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungjohann View Post
Yep, Kapoleis got em, just without the luxury of cinderblock, 2x4 wood stud party walls instead, and, if there is a party going on next door, you'll definitely know about it,,,, and, if there's a little "action" going on upstairs, as in matress marathons, you'll be hoping that someone hits, "the wall".......

Aloha and hau'oli maka hiki da kine
Mattress marathons , well at least your neighbors are having fun! The termites probably make lots of nice speaker holes in your wooden walls.
Cinder blocks are hollow, it seems to make the noise even louder. All I know is that it 's really loud when the schizo is banging the outside of our house with his long metal pipe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu