Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2009, 03:45 PM

8 posts, read 24,145 times

Advertisements

Aloha, I will be spending 3 months in Honolulu this summer visiting my boyfriend before he goes to Iraq for a year. I need some help from those of you who know the area well. I do not want to join a gym and pay a big membership fee etc as I cannot afford it. Are there any centers I can go to or schools, churches etc that offer toning classes, aerobics classes etc that you can just walk into without a membership. I am looking for something cheap really. I will be situated around Ala Wai Park. Can anyone help? Mahalo for looking
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2009, 02:39 AM

682 posts, read 2,798,659 times
Can you find something outdoors that you enjoy? Hiking, biking, surfing, swimming, running... it's all free. No need for a gym, I think.

Old 05-12-2009, 12:19 AM

113 posts, read 553,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newUHprof View Post
Can you find something outdoors that you enjoy? Hiking, biking, surfing, swimming, running... it's all free. No need for a gym, I think.

Exactly, if you're in the Waikiki area, which it sounds like you are, jog out to Kapiolani park to the east or Ala Moana Park to the west. Either have tons of space to run, walk and stretch, and both have workout bars and benches...Ala Moana Beach is also usually very calm too so you could easily swim there as well...or learn to surf, the best workout of them all

Old 05-13-2009, 03:46 PM

8 posts, read 24,145 times
I will be doing stuff outdoors I just wanted to do some stuff in a class as I am more likely to go and do that more regularly. Thanks for all the ideas though. I am planning on surfing this during this trip to Oahu.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
View detailed profiles of: