Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 04:39 PM

3,168 posts, read 5,524,481 times

Advertisements

Thanks for all the great ideas everyone!!

I am definitely going to have to have all my favorite foods here before I go - poke, kalua pork, malasadas from Leonard's of course, manapua, STORTO'S (which I get at least once a week lol). I think one of the main things I will miss about Hawaii is the FOOD!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2009, 02:19 PM

7 posts, read 20,826 times
Hey I would go do stairway to heaven, paddle in Kailua out to the bird santuary, rock climb in makapu'u or north shore by dillingham(or even do the glider), secret falls in Kaneohe(illegal and somewhat dangerous), inside koko crater is a horse farm where I used to work and you can do a trail around the crater. Jump off the rocks at waimea, or at the waterfall right by the pali. Go to the pali lookout and then take that side trail off to the right and it will take you to a gorgeous non-touristy view(it's steep but only 10 min getting up). Go north of maili on the leeward coast and watch the sunset. Tantalus drive right behind punchbowl goes back about 5 miles into the mountain valley and there are some Great hikes with bamboo forests ect, The dollar theatre, and anything else a local recommends. Oh and china walls, over in Hawaii kai portlock area.

Old 06-23-2009, 08:17 PM

682 posts, read 2,793,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1257 View Post
Hey I would go do stairway to heaven, paddle in Kailua out to the bird santuary, rock climb in makapu'u or north shore by dillingham(or even do the glider), secret falls in Kaneohe(illegal and somewhat dangerous), inside koko crater is a horse farm where I used to work and you can do a trail around the crater. Jump off the rocks at waimea, or at the waterfall right by the pali. Go to the pali lookout and then take that side trail off to the right and it will take you to a gorgeous non-touristy view(it's steep but only 10 min getting up). Go north of maili on the leeward coast and watch the sunset. Tantalus drive right behind punchbowl goes back about 5 miles into the mountain valley and there are some Great hikes with bamboo forests ect, The dollar theatre, and anything else a local recommends. Oh and china walls, over in Hawaii kai portlock area.
And then get a really good massage and sleep for a week or two!

Old 06-23-2009, 11:19 PM

7 posts, read 20,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newUHprof View Post
And then get a really good massage and sleep for a week or two!
haha, yeah point taken, but hey its her last few weeks gotta live it up and sleep when your back on mainland right?

Old 06-25-2009, 01:13 AM

1,049 posts, read 1,605,680 times
ouch. hawaii to upstate NY is going to hurt this winter!

Old 06-25-2009, 05:09 AM

1,234 posts, read 4,588,653 times
Im doing the opposite Rochester to Hilo I think I am getting the better deal!!

Old 06-25-2009, 09:43 PM

68 posts, read 245,140 times
Have you been to the Polynesian Cultural Center yet? Or been to Kauai and seen Waimea Canyon and the Na Pali coast?

Old 06-28-2009, 07:11 PM

6 posts, read 16,107 times
You'll be back
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu