Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
 [Register]
Ocala Marion County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2015, 06:21 AM

1,759 posts, read 2,164,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
If I were in my 30's with a young family, forgive me, but Leesburg would be the very last place in Florida I would want to live. To me it is deadsville. Sorry. Just my opinion but it is one of the most boring places in Florida.

It is a senior mecca. It isn't close to anything. The town is run-down and they don't seem to be interesting in changing in. A lot of senior housing. To me it caters to the shuffle-board type.

And while Mt. Dora is quaint and a pretty downtown I wouldn't chose to live there either. And hey while I'm at it I don't care for Tavares either. Mt. Dora and Tavares are not very diverse if you get my drift. And while I am sure there are loads of wonderful people living in these cities some seem quite close minded.

If you have to live close to Leesburg for work reasons I too would chose Clermont/Minneola area. Much more geared you younger families, more activities and closer to Orlando.
What I know and see of Leesburg is that it's predominately seniors. I think you can check the median age on line.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2015, 09:17 PM

1 posts, read 1,177 times
Eustis? Thoughts?

Old 03-21-2015, 09:44 PM

3,360 posts, read 12,266,159 times
Eustis is similar to Leesburg ie, not good, but without the cute downtown shops. I wouldn't want to live there.

You might be better off telling us which development houses are in you're thinking of renting as there is quite a range of neighborhoods in the greater area. Not sure how much places in this development rent for but this is a really nice community with some mid range houses just to the north of Leesburg in Lady Lake which would have good schools- Harbor Hills Bella Vista Neighborhood now under construction | Harbor Hills. Leesburg itself runs for several miles in a couple of directions as it goes around a large lake. Any of the family communities near The Springs Development in the country along the southern shore of the lake are nice. Just behind Lake Square Mall near the college is another nice area. I don't know which schools the later two are assigned to though there is a Montessori school in Leesburg.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala