Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
 [Register]
Ocala Marion County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2016, 04:27 PM

23 posts, read 41,975 times

Advertisements

I made the move from CT to Citrus County, FL about 3 years ago. Best decision ever. If there is anyone that is interested in asking questions about the relocation please feel free to do so. I consider this my home and enjoy every bit of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2016, 08:16 PM

2 posts, read 5,595 times
Man do I need to talk to you . I am in the process of moving down now . Just sold my home and here we come . Where about do you live ? We are coming down to finalize our search in a week or 2 .
Looking like pine ridge or citrus hills, Beverly Hills .

Old 09-23-2016, 11:33 AM

Are you moving from CT? Congrats on selling your home. I live in Citrus County in the town of Beverly Hills. It is a great area.

Pine Ridge is a very nice community. Every lot is at least 1 acre or more. Everyone keeps up with landscape and maintenance on their homes. It is a short drive to the grocery store or Walmart. The Gulf of Mexico is right down the road. Rentals are hard to come by now a days. If you plan on renting I would start the search immediately.

Citrus Hills is another nice community. There are a lot more outdoor activities to do. They have a social membership plan that includes access to a couple restaurants, a gigantic tiki bar, community pools/spa, golf plus much more. You are also very close to Walmart and grocery shopping.

What highway do you plan to take down to Florida

Old 09-24-2016, 05:20 AM

506 posts, read 515,230 times
I plan to move to citrus springs next year. Anything I should keep in mind?

Old 09-26-2016, 06:22 AM

Citrus springs is a bit country which is nice. It is located between Dunnellon and Beverly Hills. Grocery shopping is found in either town. Houses are spread out through the community. Most sit on 1/4 acre lots. There is a lot of wildlife like coyotes, gopher turtles, wild boar, and bald eagles. Taxes are cheap and they have a great middle school. Great fishing is only a short drive away.

Old 09-27-2016, 02:29 PM

193 posts, read 407,896 times
HI! Thanks for the post. My Wife & I will be on vacation in Orlando the last 2 weeks of October & we plan to take a ride for the day to the Inverness area to check things out. Live in Massachusetts currently & plan to retire in 3-4 years. What are the best towns in Citrus County for retirees in Mid 50's?

Old 09-28-2016, 06:58 AM

Every town in Citrus County has something different to offer. Crystal River is beautiful if you are looking for a waterfront property. It has a fun downtown strip that has local shops and restaurants. Beverly Hills has a community called Pine Ridge. This is an equestrian community with 27 miles of horse trails. Each lot is at least 1 acre or more. Hernando has an active community which is called Citrus Hills. Plenty of activities to do like golfing, hiking, tennis, swimming, etc.... Lecanto has a gated community called Black Diamond. Inverness has a great downtown area to check out. There is always something to do down there on the weekends. Homosassa has a community called Sugarmill Woods. It is the southern most community in Citrus County.

Take your time when exploring Citrus County. There are plenty of great places to check out.

Old 09-28-2016, 07:33 AM

103 posts, read 230,455 times
I'm just chiming in! I grew up in Florida but lived in CT for 24 years. We have been back in Florida for 3 years and it's so good to be home. We live in Pine Ridge and love it!

Old 09-28-2016, 07:50 AM

Where about in CT. I have visited family over the past couple years in Ct but Florida is now my home and it feels good every time I get back.

Old 09-28-2016, 08:48 AM

7 posts, read 9,435 times
I moved here from Queens, NY earlier this year. I too was looking at Citrus Hills and Pine Ridge. You should know that you might be required to join the country club if you buy in to Citrus Hills. I think I remember it was 2k to join and then 1k per year thereafter. Pretty inexpensive compared to other places, but if you're not going to use it then why bother?

Pine Ridge was the final choice for me. Traded a 750 sq ft coop apartment for a 2100 sq ft house on an acre with a pool--with a few $ left over. Clean and green. Quiet and peaceful. Things are way slower down here than up north, you'll notice it. Although I love swimming in my pool with a rabbit watching me, it does get a little too slow. So those visits up north to visit friends and relatives is something I look forward to.

Last edited by gdwalsh1; 09-28-2016 at 08:55 AM.. Reason: typo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala