Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 01:32 PM

2,744 posts, read 4,236,693 times

Advertisements

Just asking a question- Does anyone know of the area called Pleasant Grove? Some of the streets are Lowell, Vermont, Erie, Hollywood. How is that area? A broker said it was Boardman, but other people say it's Youngstown school district? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Warren
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2012, 05:57 PM

5,510 posts, read 9,497,612 times
The streets you've listed are in the city limits of Youngstown, and are in the Youngstown school district. From what I've read on this site, that is a stable neighborhood.

Old 09-11-2012, 06:21 PM

24,124 posts, read 32,498,125 times
What schools would be available for our children? We hear Youngstown City Schools like other city schools are not too good. What options do we have for our daughter who is in 11th grade? We are also going to adopt more children. How are the elementary schools for them?

Old 09-11-2012, 06:21 PM

238 posts, read 1,505,613 times
Stable neighborhood for now but in 10 years probably not. That means you better buy cheap in order to not lose too much equity. Boardman also looks to be heading downhill. No wonder all the yuppies are moving to the southern part of the county. In my opinion Austintown seems more stable than Boardman and housing is a little cheaper. People are also not as pretentious and more community oriented.

Old 09-11-2012, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
What schools would be available for our children? We hear Youngstown City Schools like other city schools are not too good. What options do we have for our daughter who is in 11th grade? We are also going to adopt more children. How are the elementary schools for them?
I can't help much with schools. Austintown has open enrollment, but Boardman does not.

Chaney, once a standard high school in the Youngstown school system, is now a STEM/VPA school. (science, technology, engineering, math, and visual/performing arts) It's for grades 6-12, and students have to text to get in. But, it's still very new, so I don't know how well it's doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy444 View Post
Stable neighborhood for now but in 10 years probably not. That means you better buy cheap in order to not lose too much equity. Boardman also looks to be heading downhill. No wonder all the yuppies are moving to the southern part of the county. In my opinion Austintown seems more stable than Boardman and housing is a little cheaper. People are also not as pretentious and more community oriented.
A self-fulfilling prophecy is a prediction that directly or indirectly causes itself to become true. People are leaving Boardman because it's "going downhill." And, Boardman is going downhill, because people are leaving. It's a pet peeve of mine.

Old 09-12-2012, 03:19 AM

I don't want to move to the south. I don't feel comfortable there. I can not fathom how so many people from the middle atlantic north east great lakes area are living in places like NC or SC orr FL.

To me these are places you visit when it's cols. Then you go home. Unless you are originally a Southerner, I could never fathom living there. Totally different culture.

Old 09-12-2012, 03:34 AM

3 posts, read 7,079 times
Perhaps it is because you are a Northerner, and possibly used to a cooler climate than the Southern states provide. I find the South lovely and I am moving to Oklahoma very soon, I have family in Oklahoma City and Purcell. I also have cousins in Georgia, I thought about moving there but my Dad and Step mom and brothers are all in Oklahoma. I am from California originally born and raised and it is getting so expensive to live here it is a wonder any of us are still here. I went to Oklahoma to visit in 1989 and fell in love with it, than I had to come back to Calif. to help move my mom and grandma and ended up making a huge mistake...I got married, now I am in the process of correcting that mistake, than I am headed for Okiehoma as my Dad would say. My cousin lives in Minnesota and she said it cost a small fortune to heat her home because the oil they use is so high in price, my mom and almost have her talked into coming with us, homes are well priced and there is work when tour willing to find it.

Old 09-12-2012, 05:11 AM

Quote:
I don't want to move to the south. I don't feel comfortable there. I can not fathom how so many people from the middle atlantic north east great lakes area are living in places like NC or SC orr FL.

To me these are places you visit when it's cols. Then you go home. Unless you are originally a Southerner, I could never fathom living there. Totally different culture.
county, not country

Old 09-12-2012, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR_C View Post
county, not country
Excuse me?

Old 09-12-2012, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Excuse me?
Sorry, I was too brief. ncguy444 said people were moving to the southern part of the county, not country, which is what you seemed to be responding to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio