Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 09:42 AM

2,221 posts, read 4,391,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdawnbailey View Post
I posted a thread about moving to Ohio a few months back. We have now decided on Mansfield/ashland area. We r takin a trip up there n june and have scheduled the move n july. Any advice on the areas or tips to make moving out of state easier?
If schools are an issue to you Lexington would be best. South side of Mansfield has some nicehousing but will be zoned Mansfield City Schools, I would consider Catholic school St. Peters if I was in MCS zone. You will not find many cities in US with lower housing costs which is a good thing.
Summer is best time of year in this area. Mid-Ohio raceway (Lexington) is top shelf racing www.midohio.com (2 races in June), Pleasant Hill Lake www.pleasanthill.lakesonline.com , Mohican or Loudonville canoe livery www.loudonvillecanoe.com www.mohicancanoe.com . There are 2 snow ski resorts in the area, Snow Trails is in Mansfield www.snowtrails.com and Clearfork in Butler (15 miles from Mansfield) www.clearforkski.com . Some other nice attractions are Kingwood Center, Malabar Farm, Richland Carousel Park, Ohio State Reformatory.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2013, 10:00 AM

2,744 posts, read 4,233,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZnGuy View Post
If schools are an issue to you Lexington would be best. South side of Mansfield has some nicehousing but will be zoned Mansfield City Schools, I would consider Catholic school St. Peters if I was in MCS zone. You will not find many cities in US with lower housing costs which is a good thing.
Summer is best time of year in this area. Mid-Ohio raceway (Lexington) is top shelf racing www.midohio.com (2 races in June), Pleasant Hill Lake www.pleasanthill.lakesonline.com , Mohican or Loudonville canoe livery www.loudonvillecanoe.com www.mohicancanoe.com . There are 2 snow ski resorts in the area, Snow Trails is in Mansfield www.snowtrails.com and Clearfork in Butler (15 miles from Mansfield) www.clearforkski.com . Some other nice attractions are Kingwood Center, Malabar Farm, Richland Carousel Park, Ohio State Reformatory.
We are moving to another area of Ohio, where the cost of living - especially the house payment is unbelievably low. In fact, our mortgage payment will be less than the rent on our first apartment 25 years ago! A the ROOM apartment! And this is a beautiful four bedroom house on a third of an acre.

The public school is not that great. We have a daughter in high school. We decided to send her to a Catholic High School although neither of us are Catholic.

We are very excited about this move! We will be in North Eastern OH.

Old 03-05-2013, 03:11 PM

11 posts, read 16,597 times
My fiance got relocated to Youngstown Ohio and is staying in a hotel at the moment. I am following her up there shortly, preferably after we find a spot to live! We are having loads of trouble getting hold of a realtor. We prefer to just rent a house as her work will probably only last around 2 years and we won't be here permanently. I could settle on an apartment but would just prefer not to if I have the option. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to look where I may have better luck? I have been on craigslist and most of the rentals listed are in the city, and we def would like to be in a more safer part. Howard Hanna had nothing really to offer either! Anything will help! Thanks!

Old 03-05-2013, 05:28 PM

4,083 posts, read 9,096,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warren zee View Post
We are moving to another area of Ohio, where the cost of living - especially the house payment is unbelievably low. In fact, our mortgage payment will be less than the rent on our first apartment 25 years ago! A the ROOM apartment! And this is a beautiful four bedroom house on a third of an acre.

The public school is not that great. We have a daughter in high school. We decided to send her to a Catholic High School although neither of us are Catholic.

Mortgage Payment?

Your renting to own, there is no record of the sale of the home in Trumball county.

Lets not for get that you have some bills here in NEPA to get paid. You know like the 10k+ judgement against for UNPAID RENT for over a year in a house that you said you purchased and were remodeling here in NEPA. I hope that the current landlord at least runs a check on you guys before they allow you to move into this rental

You ran up a rent bill, fabricated a story to smooth your PA exit over, now your trying to run out on it to OH.

I wish that you guys could at least be a little honest on CD, its nothing , but lie after lie in every forum you post in.

Old 03-05-2013, 06:03 PM

5,346 posts, read 9,854,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warren zee View Post

The house sounds very nice! It seems like a great move for you!

After your family gets settled we need to have an Ohio forum meetup.

Old 03-17-2013, 10:23 AM

1 posts, read 2,443 times
My wife, daughter, and I are planning on moving Ohio in summer 2013. My wife is from Ohio and I'm from West Virginia. We are now living in Charlotte, NC and its a beautiful city but its too fast. My wife want to get back into farming life and I would like to do that as well.

Old 06-07-2013, 12:45 AM

39 posts, read 71,353 times
I'm looking to move to the Mansfield area I'm actually looking for any info beit comment, video, or picture I would love to see or here from you! I lived in Ohio before, up near the lake, it was hard to find a job in my field there so we were forced to move. But we want to come back. And we have jobs that we can take with us so I can't wait to see your responses!

Old 06-07-2013, 01:16 AM

39 posts, read 71,353 times
I'm looking to move to the Mansfield area I'm actually looking for any info beit comment, video, or picture I would love to see or here from you! I lived in Ohio before, up near the lake, it was hard to find a job in my field there so we were forced to move. But we want to come back. And we have jobs that we can take with us so I can't wait to see your responses!

Old 06-07-2013, 10:22 AM

5,103 posts, read 8,606,794 times
Come spend a long weekend!

There are a number of advantages and disadvantages to the Mansfield area.

Some of the biggest advantages have to do with cost of living and being close to some good hunting and fishing areas, as well as some of the best soil in the state if agriculture is an interest. Outside of the city are gently rolling hills and some great views, although when covered with ice in the winter, they tend to limit driving out of the area.

On the other hand, medical care, internet services, and other aspects of higher technology are still catching up. If you don't mind driving down to Columbus or up to Cleveland for some things periodically, it might be a good fit.

People tend to either love or hate the culture, so I strongly recommend a visit over reading about it on the internet. If you come soon, you'll miss the worst of tourist season. Mansfield is near "Amish Country" which gets a lot of tourists in the summer.

Old 06-07-2013, 10:47 AM

2,221 posts, read 4,391,960 times
Summer time is nice in the 'burg (Mansfield). Pleasant Hill Lake, Clearfork Lake, Charles Mill Lake. Mohican river for canoeing. Mid-Ohio racetrack for big time car races. Malabar Farm is a nice attraction. There are 2 nearby ski resorts in the winter. Amish country is about 40 minutes away and is worth visiting. If you like beautiful country you can find some nice spots in this area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio