Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 05:38 PM

3 posts, read 21,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie56 View Post
My family may have to re-locate to Lima, Ohio. Anyone, please tell me anything you know about it. Have a 3 and 4 year old--anyone know anything about schools??
Lima is a great city with fantastic medical facilities and some very good schools. St. Charles is the best Elementary school and Lima Central Catholic is the best High School. It is unfair to say that Lima proper is unsafe. It is only dangerous if you are a drug dealer or user. If you look at justice department statistics you'd see that most families in lima have never experienced any of the problems that have been listed. I've lived in Lima Proper for 40 years and I've never been a victim of a crime and don't know anyone who has.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2007, 02:53 PM

656 posts, read 2,315,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrahrig View Post
Crime? yes, doesn't any city of 110,000 people?
I'm not knockin' Lima, Hrahrig, but I saw an error in your statistics and have a small correction.

Lima's population is 38,608 for 2005(est.). The crime index on the same page is 658.6 as compared to the US average of 325.2.

Source://www.city-data.com/city/Lima-Ohio.html

The closest regional comparison would be Findlay. It has an crime index of 318.5, and is the same size (39,118 for 2005, est.).

Source://www.city-data.com/city/Findlay-Ohio.html

Now, I know people who live comfortably down in Lima, mostly in Elida. However, it's stats like that which gives a city a rep like Lima has.

Old 03-07-2007, 08:40 PM

11 posts, read 65,214 times
oh goodness. i am from ohio and i would not want to move to lima. i have lived in columbus, and near the canton area. i know many people that moved to both columbus and where i live now because there is nothing to do and not much opportunity there. its not a very booming area, unless it has totally changed in the last few years.

Old 04-23-2007, 10:03 PM

1 posts, read 7,011 times
Default youth activities for the summer in Lima, Ohio

My grandchildren are moving to Lima, Ohio. Can anyone tell me about youth activities for the summer?

Old 05-05-2007, 10:53 PM

64 posts, read 321,014 times
We lived in Celina, OH for a few years. Its about an hour away. When we went to a bigger city, we could go to Lima, Dayton, Ft Wayne or Muncie IN. Lima was usually the last choice. I was not real impressed with it. Didn't live there however, so I am no expert. I did like Wapak and Van Wert as peolpe have recommended.

Old 07-15-2007, 03:06 AM

7 posts, read 48,570 times
In Lima, one can buy guns, cell phones, beepers, sports attire, and gold jewelry almost anywhere but must travel over an hour and a half to Fort Wayne to find a decent book store like Borders. The lack of respect for all things intellectual is obvious in this post-industrial nightmare. The potential for progress, creativity, beauty, and greatness is unfathomable, but it might take divine intervention to realize this. Good Luck, Lima !

Old 09-09-2007, 07:35 PM

24 posts, read 120,650 times
Default Stolly Reviews

Lima is an older city with a nice blend of small town values and large citiy convenences. Lima is safe and is populated with good people, though it has not grown much since the 1970's it is still a nicely populated city with over 40,000 people. We recomend Lima for most people and we would suggest that you take a look . You decide -Stolly Enterprises

Please, excuse us we made an error in the population of Lima it is only about 38,000.
* Stolly Enterprises, we are located in Columbus and use personal experince to recommend cities, our opinions are not those of an out of state office. Our offices are in downtown Columbus. We have newly joined city-data.com (September 2007), and would love your opinion on our post, please rate our post positively if you feel the information is usefull or accurate. Please also let us know if any information is incorrect, we work fast and can often make mistakes. Thank you, -Stolly Enterprises

Last edited by Stolly enterprises; 09-09-2007 at 08:28 PM.. Reason: Mistake in population count

Old 09-09-2007, 07:42 PM

Default Stolly Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmother View Post
My grandchildren are moving to Lima, Ohio. Can anyone tell me about youth activities for the summer?
Glad you came to City- data.com for information, We can not tell you to much about the sporting activitys, however we can let you know that Lima is a charming city with a nice balance of Small town values and a Big city atmosphere. They also have good school systems in the area and we're sure that your grandchildren will grow to enjoy whatever they do there. You decide -Stolly Enterprises

Old 09-09-2007, 07:46 PM

Default Stolly Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpal View Post
Lima is a great city with fantastic medical facilities and some very good schools. St. Charles is the best Elementary school and Lima Central Catholic is the best High School. It is unfair to say that Lima proper is unsafe. It is only dangerous if you are a drug dealer or user. If you look at justice department statistics you'd see that most families in lima have never experienced any of the problems that have been listed. I've lived in Lima Proper for 40 years and I've never been a victim of a crime and don't know anyone who has.
Well said, we know people who have lived in Lima there entire life and love it as well. Thank you for your positive outlook on the city and the area itself.
-Stolly Enterprises

Old 09-13-2007, 10:05 AM

6,351 posts, read 21,537,231 times
"Lima; it's not your average bean town"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio