Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2010, 11:53 AM

5,963 posts, read 12,447,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Well, now we have about 8 inches of snow on the ground and last report says were supposed to get maybe 12 inches, personally I don't think the weatherman knows what he's talking about, keeps changing the amount and it is steadily snowing right now and it's not supposed to stop until about 6 p.m. this evening and we're at a level 3, which means there is supposed to be no vehicles on the highways except emergency vehicles, it sure looks pretty....

Woke up to about an inch or so up here and some winds. Nothing that sounds like what you have there. And, the weatherman never know what they're talking about. My favorite has always been Dick Goddard and he is never right either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2010, 01:05 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,153,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
Woke up to about an inch or so up here and some winds. Nothing that sounds like what you have there. And, the weatherman never know what they're talking about. My favorite has always been Dick Goddard and he is never right either.
Dick Goddard use to say the when it comes to Mother Nature, meteorology is a guessing game at best. the animals are the best ones at knowing what type of weather is coming at us.

Old 02-06-2010, 03:45 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,667,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
Dick Goddard use to say the when it comes to Mother Nature, meteorology is a guessing game at best. the animals are the best ones at knowing what type of weather is coming at us.

Personally,I prefer to just stick my head out the door and see what's going on....

Old 02-06-2010, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Yeah I agree with you there EB. BTW it's been snowing since this morning and we're probably up to a good 6-7 inches by now. Still snowing by you?

Old 02-08-2010, 03:13 PM

Well folks get ready, the weatherman says that this next snowstorm coming this way is going to be worse than the one we just got and in my area it's suppose to start about midnight and go through until Wednesday morning...

Old 02-08-2010, 07:10 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,553,551 times
We normally have mild winters down here. But my parents and grandparents still don't have power and luckily the storm today will primarily be on the eastern side of the state of Oklahoma. I don't see how the northeastern states deal with this constant barrage of snow.

It does get tiresome, especially if one has to drive to work in it.

Ptsum, say hello to the missus for me. Greetings to EB, AP, and the Ohio lurkers.

Old 02-08-2010, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
We normally have mild winters down here. But my parents and grandparents still don't have power and luckily the storm today will primarily be on the eastern side of the state of Oklahoma. I don't see how the northeastern states deal with this constant barrage of snow.

It does get tiresome, especially if one has to drive to work in it.

Ptsum, say hello to the missus for me. Greetings to EB, AP, and the Ohio lurkers.

Hi rb, we got about a total of 7-8 inches overnight and this morning I'd say. Roads are slick. This has been a crazy winter hitting so many different States that generally don't get much snow.

Old 02-08-2010, 08:14 PM

I just got finished talking to a cousin of mine in Anne Arundel County, Maryland and she said that all of the Circuit Courts and Common Pleas Courts are going to be closed tomorrow, it seems as though this is a pretty big snowstorm "again" and the Washington DC area is going to get hit again. The area that I'm in here and southeastern Ohio, were supposed to get another 8 to 12 inches and were on an emergency snow watch until 4 a.m. Wednesday morning, oh well, here we go again...

Old 02-09-2010, 01:02 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,153,412 times
Angry Here we go again!!!

Welcome to the Buckeye,

Another round of snow storm is upon us and we're just getting started. The *$?@#*$%@ stuff won't leave us alone. We haven't gotten things straitened out for the last round, and we're in it again.
It started here in the southern Lorain county area about 10 this morning and it hasn't stopped, we're already looking at 2 1/2" with more to come. And on top of all that, they're saying that another storm may be lurking in the wings right behind this one.

Oh well, such is life in the Useless nut state, (Buckeye).

Old 02-09-2010, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Welcome to the Buckeye,

Another round of snow storm is upon us and we're just getting started. The *$?@#*$%@ stuff won't leave us alone. We haven't gotten things straitened out for the last round, and we're in it again.
It started here in the southern Lorain county area about 10 this morning and it hasn't stopped, we're already looking at 2 1/2" with more to come. And on top of all that, they're saying that another storm may be lurking in the wings right behind this one.

Oh well, such is life in the Useless nut state, (Buckeye).

Now see if you lived in Oklahoma you wouldn't have to worry about that stuff. LOL...just kidding of course....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio