Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2009, 08:09 PM

3,977 posts, read 3,663,656 times

Advertisements

Hi Pat, and you all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2009, 10:49 PM

17,998 posts, read 9,069,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeBolt View Post
Howdy there Alaskapat how ya been?

So Gdude,

You just took the ASVAB test, your still a civilian, not in basic training yet and you still have to go through AIT school to become a MP, right? You still have a long way to go yet. Just because you picked an MOS, sometimes doesn't mean yoour going to get it. Lots of thing can side track your choice of and MOS's. When I joined the active duty Army back in "79", I chose to be a Missle crewmen. But they closed down the "Honest John missle system" and I got put into the Field Artillery and not by my own choice. But that OK, I loved every minute of it. GO LUCK

No AIT school or atleast I don't think.

Old 07-12-2009, 08:57 AM

19,725 posts, read 10,503,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdude View Post
Well I just joined..lol I didn't mention this to anyonebut my mother because I didn't want to get anyone's hopes up and then I get disqualified.

Thank you!

Thank you!

My basic training will begin next summer at either Fort Leanordwood or Fort Leavenworth,Missouri. According to what I've been told by Staff Sgt's. Behney and Warren my mother doesn't have to sign papers.

Hmmm....

All I know is my son was not 18, when he joined the US Army, Therefore I was required to sign the papers.....he was 18, by the time he went to Basic Training & AIT, @ Ft. Knox.
Not lookin for any argument, was just wondering.
You are starting a journey, many ppl have already taken. either in person, or as a parent.

Old 07-12-2009, 09:12 AM

7,685 posts, read 13,149,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdude View Post
No AIT school or atleast I don't think.
You may want to look into it a bit deeper, your going into a skill that require more knowledge and training than you think. The rest of my 21 years of service I spent in the Navy as a SeaBee and the Master at Arms "Navy verion of the MP's" did alot more than just move prisoners arond and they all had to attend "A" school. The MP's preform war time road security for troop movement, POW handleing, All levels of site security for many Army Posts, mastering weapons of all kinds and the list goes on and on. And that all starts with AIT schooling, not just basic training.

Old 07-12-2009, 09:30 AM

5,963 posts, read 12,443,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeBolt View Post
You may want to look into it a bit deeper, your going into a skill that require more knowledge and training than you think. The rest of my 21 years of service I spent in the Navy as a SeaBee and the Master at Arms "Navy verion of the MP's" did alot more than just move prisoners arond and they all had to attend "A" school. The MP's preform war time road security for troop movement, POW handleing, All levels of site security for many Army Posts, mastering weapons of all kinds and the list goes on and on. And that all starts with AIT schooling, not just basic training.
Good info for gdude! MORNING EVERYONE!

Old 07-12-2009, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
Good info for gdude! MORNING EVERYONE!
Thanks Alaskapat

I just don't want the fella to get any "dilutions of grandeur" or high hopes. He's going into a good MOS and its going to require a lot of discipline on his behalf. And its one of very few skills that can be carried to the civilian side of life. MP = COP

Old 07-12-2009, 02:05 PM

What did you do when you got out, SeabeeBolt?

Old 07-12-2009, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryBeth2 View Post
What did you do when you got out, SeabeeBolt?
I drive this big babies , a 6 axle K-walker that carries 21.25 ton of hot rock (asphalt) for raod service work. And I love it when someone come along and says something like "I love the new road surface they put down", and they don't know that I helped to do it.

I don't fight anymore now that I'm retired, but I will always love to build . But I will always stick to the "CANDO" additude.

Last edited by EarthBound?; 08-20-2009 at 12:08 PM..

Old 07-12-2009, 06:19 PM

That's right SeebeeBolt! You got the right attitude..now the question is did you have that attitude to begin with or did your life give you that attitude? I think you had it from the beginning.

Old 07-12-2009, 06:21 PM

That is one gorgeous Kenworth too, by the way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio