Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2011, 01:58 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,460,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
LOL! I was ready for spring the day after New Years. We got about 6 inches after this last round and there may be more of the white @#**^%?#$%%^$#$ stuff coming this way.
I wish I could offer you sympathy. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2011, 02:39 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,167,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
I wish I could offer you sympathy. LOL
Oh admit to it, your up there laughing your patootie off ain't you, LOL

Old 02-25-2011, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Oh admit to it, your up there laughing your patootie off ain't you, LOL
Welllllll,,,,,,,,,no, LOL, But I guarantee you that MK is.

Old 02-25-2011, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Welllllll,,,,,,,,,no, LOL, But I guarantee you that MK is.
Sooooooo! You do admit to giggling as us poor stupid buckeye and this $%^&&***#@#@!$%^^ snow, LOL.

I started my 41 mile one way trex this morning to start training for my new job and I was 3 miles away when the boss man called me to let me know that the training was cancelled. I think he got a kick out of the fact that I was an hour early and almost there and they still hadn't made it out of Columbus yet. We're in white conditions this morning and I left at 5:30am to start at 8:00am.

Old 02-25-2011, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Sooooooo! You do admit to giggling as us poor stupid buckeye and this $%^&&***#@#@!$%^^ snow, LOL.

I started my 41 mile one way trex this morning to start training for my new job and I was 3 miles away when the boss man called me to let me know that the training was cancelled. I think he got a kick out of the fact that I was an hour early and almost there and they still hadn't made it out of Columbus yet. We're in white conditions this morning and I left at 5:30am to start at 8:00am.
Congrats on the job! Bummer that training was cancelled, but it sure looks good to the new boss that you were 3 miles away and an hour early. Will you be driving for this position?

Old 02-25-2011, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Congrats on the job! Bummer that training was cancelled, but it sure looks good to the new boss that you were 3 miles away and an hour early. Will you be driving for this position?
No, I'll be operating what is known as a (Yard Horse), they move the tralers from dock to dock and then back out on the line for the OTR trucks to hook up to and go. This way the OTR trucks aren't stuck there waiting at each dock and getting paid for it, the trailers are ready for them when they arrive. We do the Mule work at the factories.

Old 02-25-2011, 10:53 AM

Quote:
No, I'll be operating what is known as a (Yard Horse), they move the tralers from dock to dock and then back out on the line for the OTR trucks to hook up to and go. This way the OTR trucks aren't stuck there waiting at each dock and getting paid for it, the trailers are ready for them when they arrive. We do the Mule work at the factories.
Interesting....is it like a towmotor this yard horse?

Old 02-25-2011, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Interesting....is it like a towmotor this yard horse?
No what it is, it's like a truck, but you get in and out though the back of the cab and not on the sides so you can hook up the air brake lines and the pig tail for all the electrical on the trailer just by walking out the back of the cab and across the cat-walk. Before you do that you back under the trailer with you 5th wheel, lock on to it, hook up your three lines. Then you push a button and it lifts the front of the trailer, so you don't have to raise and lower the landing gears everytime. You pull the trailer and back it up to the dock, they load it and then you put it back out on line for the OTR driver to hook up to it and take it on down the road. We just move the trailers around the plant docks, so you don't have a bunch of OTR drivers moving around and getting into trouble.

Old 02-26-2011, 07:02 AM

Quote:
No what it is, it's like a truck, but you get in and out though the back of the cab and not on the sides so you can hook up the air brake lines and the pig tail for all the electrical on the trailer just by walking out the back of the cab and across the cat-walk. Before you do that you back under the trailer with you 5th wheel, lock on to it, hook up your three lines. Then you push a button and it lifts the front of the trailer, so you don't have to raise and lower the landing gears everytime. You pull the trailer and back it up to the dock, they load it and then you put it back out on line for the OTR driver to hook up to it and take it on down the road. We just move the trailers around the plant docks, so you don't have a bunch of OTR drivers moving around and getting into trouble.
Thanks for explaining.

Old 02-27-2011, 01:05 PM

Hey EB, GOOD LUCK with your lst day of training tomorrow. Although it doesn't sound like you need any training from your description. Hopefully you won't get snow to cancel it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio