Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 05:11 PM

2,204 posts, read 6,719,836 times

Advertisements

I'm buzzing a little right now, but even tomorrow, what I said above will be my heart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2009, 05:59 PM

3,343 posts, read 10,937,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy-Rise View Post
I don't know why I get caught up in these little "battles" ...

The truth is, I love Cleveland and I love Cincinnati. I love gritty old cities and I love cool neighborhoods, and both cities have a lot of them. Hell, you know what .... I don't give a damn about OH's brain drain problem or its current issues ... I freakin LOVE this state. I love it. I love living here and I love living near other large cities.
Me too!

Old 01-11-2009, 01:52 PM

351 posts, read 650,039 times
Cleveland would be so much better if it wasn't so gloomy and depressed. It's like a self-perpetuating cycle of crap where economic problems cause people to get so down on the town they don't bother doing anything about it. Fancy pants leaders in Cuyahoga County suburbs circle the wagons and stop making the necessary reforms to make Cleveland a viable place for business. You can't throw down a few crappy museums along an under-developed waterfront and then call it good. You have to do this wholesale and nobody in Cleveland wants to do it.

You get the sense that, despite it's own civic issues (and Cincinnati has many of them), people still care in southwestern Ohio. There's a dynamism of leadership in Cincinnati that makes it the Ohio city with the most soul.

That said, it probably has way too much dixie for me to ever live there.

Old 01-13-2009, 10:45 AM

74 posts, read 281,939 times
I just see them both as a place to live. Both are backwater burgs compared to many larger cities. Let's enjoy what both offer but quit pretending these are the best places to live.

Old 01-13-2009, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humlermw View Post
Let's enjoy what both offer but quit pretending these are the best places to live.
I'm not sure if you'll find anyone on here that does that. Feel free to let us know, though!

Old 01-13-2009, 05:33 PM

3,070 posts, read 11,926,074 times
Quote:
I just see them both as a place to live. Both are backwater burgs compared to many larger cities. Let's enjoy what both offer but quit pretending these are the best places to live.
Obviously they arent the best places to live with so many larger cities and ones with much better economies and weather, but that doesnt mean they dont have many things to offer that other areas dont.

Old 01-14-2009, 11:41 AM

2,106 posts, read 6,632,896 times
Quote:
Other than the fact that both cities have been named some of the most livable cities.

This is an Ohio forum with people discussing the best places to live in OHIO. Surely, many cities MAY be better, which is subjective of course. But there are also more places then not, that don't have all the wonderful things these cities have. Thanks for your input though, it contributed to absolutely nothing!

Old 01-16-2009, 10:44 AM

74 posts, read 281,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeSoHood View Post
Other than the fact that both cities have been named some of the most livable cities.

This is an Ohio forum with people discussing the best places to live in OHIO. Surely, many cities MAY be better, which is subjective of course. But there are also more places then not, that don't have all the wonderful things these cities have. Thanks for your input though, it contributed to absolutely nothing!

Actually as I recall this particular thread is dedicated to silly comparisons between two very different cities. I'm not saying they have nothing to offer as some may have suggested, I'm merely stating that when one thinks of an American city neither of these come to mind. Hence "Backwater burghs." I've lived in Cincinnati almost my whole life and have traveled through much of the world in my short twenty years and I have found places much better and places much worse. Cincinnati is ok but can we stop with these silly comparisons. I feel like i'm back in highschool with everyone claiming they have the biggest penis. It's a place to live and experience, why does it need to be polished up and put on display. I think it shows great arrogance for people living in either to claim their's is best. It at least shows ignorance of the other. When Cincinnati gets a transit system that is more than a few busses I'll be impressed.

Old 01-16-2009, 12:15 PM

1,071 posts, read 4,453,711 times
Quote:
Actually as I recall this particular thread is dedicated to silly comparisons between two very different cities. I'm not saying they have nothing to offer as some may have suggested, I'm merely stating that when one thinks of an American city neither of these come to mind. Hence "Backwater burghs." I've lived in Cincinnati almost my whole life and have traveled through much of the world in my short twenty years and I have found places much better and places much worse. Cincinnati is ok but can we stop with these silly comparisons. I feel like i'm back in highschool with everyone claiming they have the biggest penis. It's a place to live and experience, why does it need to be polished up and put on display. I think it shows great arrogance for people living in either to claim their's is best. It at least shows ignorance of the other. When Cincinnati gets a transit system that is more than a few busses I'll be impressed.
This thread was dedicated to containing some of the bickering between Clevelanders and Cincinnatians that had infiltrated other threads. This way, we can keep all (most) of the fighting in here, and by the time it gets out of hand and a moderator closes it, hopefully some people will have gotten a lot off of their chests.

The comparison is intended to highlight things such as cultural institutions, architecture, public transportation, economic sectors, diversity, crime, recreation, nightlife, etc. Real topics that would determine where one would live if they were indeed looking.

Old 01-16-2009, 01:28 PM

Quote:
You have no idea how far any of us have traveled. For istance, I love traveling to and studying other US cities and their history ... by car, this way I can stop and check out another city if I want to.

As a matter of fact, I think one of the main reasons I love and respect Cincinnati so much is because I've lived in other cities and have traveled to many others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio