Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 04:20 PM

1 posts, read 4,902 times

Advertisements

I am from cali and am being transfered to OHIO.
where should I look for a place out of those 2 cities and what is the
weather like in middle of july and august and I am a hudge sports fan
what would be the best way to get some good indians tickets.
I am looking for a place around 700 and my max is around 800 a month?
any help would be great and cant wait to be out in ohio
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2009, 07:16 PM

16,544 posts, read 19,676,557 times
Where will you be working? Mansfield and Wooster are nowhere near "town".

Old 07-06-2009, 07:50 PM

3,070 posts, read 11,919,276 times
Wooster is much nicer than Mansfield IMO.

Weather in the middle of July and August is generally sunny around 85-90 degree highs, 65-70 degree lows, and high humidity throughout the day.

It should be real easy to find something in either of those areas for 700-800 a month or less.

Old 07-07-2009, 03:06 AM

223 posts, read 608,574 times
Well, Mansfield is halfway between Cleveland and Columbus and is decent size. The population is 50,000 or so with a lot more people in the surrounding areas like Ontario, Lexington, Madison, etc (totaling around 130,000). But it also has more crime. It's kind of like a smaller Cleveland with more heroin and less murders. Oh, and a maximum security prison. The location is very convenient, you would be less than an hour from Columbus for college football, hockey, and soccer and just a little over an hour for baseball, football and basketball. Theres not too much "night life" around if your into that. The local bars are pretty tough places, but if you're into other things you can probably find something to do.

Wooster on the other hand is just a small college town out in Amish country. Not much around there except farms and the like....

Old 07-07-2009, 09:10 AM

602 posts, read 2,033,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cle440 View Post
Wooster is much nicer than Mansfield IMO.

It should be real easy to find something in either of those areas for 700-800 a month or less.
I used to live in Wooster and I agree! Wooster may be small and boring, but its way better than Mansfield and your just about as far from Cleveland no matter which one you choose.

If you just need an apartment for yourself, you can probably find something in the $400 range. Check out this site, Premier Real Estate pretty much runs all the apartments in Wooster:
Premier Real Estate Connection - For All Your Real Estate Needs

As for Indians tickets, they should be really easy to come by this year as the team really sucks this year.

Old 07-08-2009, 08:25 AM

6 posts, read 16,137 times
Mansfield is a great place to live and offers all the amenities of a small city. There's all the commercial shopping you need (Lowes, Home Depot, Mendards, JcPenny, Macy's, Old Navy, Dick's Sporting Goods, Target, Walmart, Starbucks....) as well as nice little downtown district. You can find a range of beautiful old historic homes to brand new homes all very afforadable. It's an easy shot to Columbus (1 hr), Cleveland (just over an hour) and Toledo (1.5 hrs).

Old 07-09-2009, 01:29 PM

323 posts, read 806,486 times
Pick Wooster!!!! I grew up there, and while it's not a super exciting place to live, it's safe, quiet, there's parks all over the place, the schools are pretty good, and rent is CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP!!!! My parents own some rental properties in Wayne County, and I cannot believe how cheaply they (and all of Wooster) rents for!!!! Come on man, where else in the world will you find a Wal-mart with a hitching post? Only Wooster, Ohio!!!! And honestly, Wooster has most of the things mentioned in the above post...it's grown tremendously over the past few years, and after living in other areas in NE Ohio, I'd definitely say that Wooster's a great place to live.

Old 07-10-2009, 09:23 AM

762 posts, read 1,099,330 times
My wife & I have been in Wooster for the past 2 days now. The positive posts above are what we were also feeling. We are currently @ the library waiting on call backs for several private rentals we visited yesterday.

Any comments about Winchester Woods apartment community? If we don't get anything 'private' soon, we may have to go with an apartment complex.

Old 07-10-2009, 09:51 AM

323 posts, read 806,486 times
I'm not sure about Winchester Woods, but if you drive around the neighborhoods off of Oak Hill Rd (north end of town, country club area-opposite side of the street) there are a lot of duplexes and such that may be available. Perhaps check craigslist as well. Some of my family members own a few rental properties in Wooster, so I'll ask around and see if any of theirs are available (or if they know of any that are).

Old 07-10-2009, 10:41 AM

762 posts, read 1,099,330 times
Thanks alot!

There's a nice home on Windsor Street which is very close to where you're talking. That's a nice area for sure; we'll keep our eyes out.

We just recently gave up on finding a country home, so we started looking in residential areas. We're hooked on Wooster though!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio