Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2007, 11:18 AM

3 posts, read 25,618 times

Advertisements

We will be moving to OKC area in a few months after living overseas for several years. Kids are in 4th/5th grade. I've been trying to find info but am having trouble! Is there some website/review/overview of how school districts are set up? We are trying to figure out where to live and factoring schools in is at the top of the list. Deciding public vs private will determine where we live, how much we can afford for housing, etc. I would appreciate any help/info I can get!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2007, 01:54 PM

1 posts, read 12,687 times
Default Tld40

What areas are you looking for? We live in Cleveland County ( Moore ) and the schooling in this city is great. If you would like e-mail address' for some of these, such as Moore, go to moorepublicschools.com oklahomacitypublicschools.com etc.etc.etc. We have lived in Moore since 1996 and have loved and really enjoyed every year here. The city is growing but where isn't it? It still has part of the old city of Moore to it and some of the old shopping areas but alot of other shopping areas are now being built, in a way, it does help ( but we did enjoy the small town that was here in 1996, and when the '99 tornado hit here, things started booming, really! We hope to be of some help to you. Thanks. Leatrice

Old 08-13-2007, 03:50 PM

3,160 posts, read 10,621,625 times
Here is a link to a Census Bureau school district map: School district map

Since the census, Edmond School District has taken over the area marked Oklahoma City on the east side of Edmond. That led to the building of many new houses in that area.

I like Edmond, Putnam City, Deer Creek, Harrah (go east on the map). Go south to see Moore. There are also other good schools.

Hi Leatrice. Well, it doesn't seem right to talk about it, but Moore is much nicer since the '99 tornado. I have heard more than one person say that.

Old 08-14-2007, 09:04 AM

1,586 posts, read 6,758,845 times
Everyone gets a bit confused about oKC public schools. Again OKC has recieved over a billion to revamp its school system/paying higher for teachers/better new facilities/best private and charter schools- Hertige Hall...Casady....McGuiness...Mt. Saint Marys....Classen school of advanced arts many more ect....articles you can find on the web like opinions.com can be very helpful...good luck..happytown

Old 08-14-2007, 09:43 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,925,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leatrice Peters View Post
What areas are you looking for? We live in Cleveland County ( Moore ) and the schooling in this city is great. If you would like e-mail address' for some of these, such as Moore, go to moorepublicschools.com oklahomacitypublicschools.com etc.etc.etc. We have lived in Moore since 1996 and have loved and really enjoyed every year here. The city is growing but where isn't it? It still has part of the old city of Moore to it and some of the old shopping areas but alot of other shopping areas are now being built, in a way, it does help ( but we did enjoy the small town that was here in 1996, and when the '99 tornado hit here, things started booming, really! We hope to be of some help to you. Thanks. Leatrice
Isn't that strange how sometimes a disaster strikes an area and it rebounds even better than before? OkC has gone nowhere but up since the horrible bombing of the Murrah building.

Old 08-17-2007, 08:12 AM

6 posts, read 37,962 times
Edmond Public Schools are by far the best, in my opinion. I would only send my child to Edmond or Norman public schools.

Old 08-18-2007, 09:09 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,621,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Isn't that strange how sometimes a disaster strikes an area and it rebounds even better than before? OkC has gone nowhere but up since the horrible bombing of the Murrah building.
So sad but yes it is true. I used to have a newspaper I saved from the morning of the bomb so I could remember what life was like before 9:02 am that awful day. The headlines were some arguments about the MAPS projects (Bricktown, Ford Center etc.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City