Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2015, 09:51 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,539,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKC_Bound View Post
We did it - took the plunge! Relocated to Edmond from Phoenix about 2 months ago.
Welcome to Oklahoma. I hope everything works out for you and your family. And your business!

Edmond, OK - Official Website - Convention & Visitors Bureau
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2016, 04:29 PM

43 posts, read 111,827 times
I am currently looking for a home to buy in Edmond and people are right. It's very cookie cutter. I'm from Boston and lived in Tampa for a bit. I see rows of homes that all look the same sprawling for miles and the scenery is sterile. It gets mind numbing. However, the schools here are some of the best. I am considering Piedmont or North Edmond to try to get away from the cookie cutter new developments. I have a husband who doesn't want a long commute and wants a newer home (landing us in a new development). I'm hoping we get a little of what we both want. Some of the newer developments strive to create some uniqueness. The one appealing thing to consider if you have kids...a lot of these developments have a pool and park in the community. This might be something nice as kids get older and they can play at the park or pool with neighborhood friends. But I certainly don't plan to spend money to live in an identical house and pay $300/month for someone to mow my grass. Best of luck!

Old 03-03-2016, 11:46 AM

24,579 posts, read 10,884,023 times
If you do not find what you are looking for move-in ready why do you not go the custom built route?

Can you please explain what you mean by paying 300/mo to get your grass cut?

Old 04-04-2016, 06:40 PM

1 posts, read 1,082 times
Cora72,
I hope you have found a home in Edmond that suits you. I lived in Tampa for awhile and loved it. There are so many homes in and around Edmond, Piedmont, Yukon that are unique and interesting. It is possible you need to look outside the neighborhoods additions.

Old 04-12-2016, 02:55 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,508,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbronn View Post
Cora72,
I hope you have found a home in Edmond that suits you. I lived in Tampa for awhile and loved it. There are so many homes in and around Edmond, Piedmont, Yukon that are unique and interesting. It is possible you need to look outside the neighborhoods additions.
I'll add that I've heard a lot of good things about Deer Creek too although it may be bursting at the seams like so many other Edmond areas. Arcadia might be a nice compromise if you want a bit more land and some peace & quiet. That's a very scenic area too, quite hilly and green with dense foliage.

Old 04-13-2016, 08:15 AM

78 posts, read 121,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cora72 View Post
I am currently looking for a home to buy in Edmond and people are right. It's very cookie cutter. I'm from Boston and lived in Tampa for a bit. I see rows of homes that all look the same sprawling for miles and the scenery is sterile. It gets mind numbing. However, the schools here are some of the best. I am considering Piedmont or North Edmond to try to get away from the cookie cutter new developments. I have a husband who doesn't want a long commute and wants a newer home (landing us in a new development). I'm hoping we get a little of what we both want. Some of the newer developments strive to create some uniqueness. The one appealing thing to consider if you have kids...a lot of these developments have a pool and park in the community. This might be something nice as kids get older and they can play at the park or pool with neighborhood friends. But I certainly don't plan to spend money to live in an identical house and pay $300/month for someone to mow my grass. Best of luck!
Get out of Edmond. There are better places to look. SW OKC/Moore/Norman area for sure. Lake Hefner area in OKC. Crown Heights, Edgemere Park, Mesta Park- Those are older and more crafstman style houses that have been brought back up in recent years. Plenty of character and style.

Old 04-13-2016, 12:19 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Rural Edmond in the Lake Arkadia area is more scenic by having more trees and hills.

Old 05-28-2016, 10:26 PM

43 posts, read 111,827 times
Just signing on and saw people's reply. We just bought a home in the Deer Creek district of OKC yesterday. My husband got the gated community he wanted and I got a cul de sac home with no traffic, community pool, good schools and a super private yard I wanted with box gardens. Schools are very important to me over everything so Moore, SW OKC and Norman are not for me but I think the towns are nice.

While I complained about the cookie cutter neighborhoods and some people stating I will hate the area since I am from Boston I really love it here! Everyone is so nice and it has been very easy to make new friends, more so than anywhere I have lived. And the manners of people here are great. I am still feeling my way as a liberal gal from a big city in a conservative Christian state but know there are a few liberals out there!

Old 05-29-2016, 07:01 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,508,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cora72 View Post
Just signing on and saw people's reply. We just bought a home in the Deer Creek district of OKC yesterday. My husband got the gated community he wanted and I got a cul de sac home with no traffic, community pool, good schools and a super private yard I wanted with box gardens. Schools are very important to me over everything so Moore, SW OKC and Norman are not for me but I think the towns are nice.

While I complained about the cookie cutter neighborhoods and some people stating I will hate the area since I am from Boston I really love it here! Everyone is so nice and it has been very easy to make new friends, more so than anywhere I have lived. And the manners of people here are great. I am still feeling my way as a liberal gal from a big city in a conservative Christian state but know there are a few liberals out there!

That's great to hear, Cora.

As with any state, we get a few who move here who really have a tough time in a different culture and/or making friends.

Great to hear that you're doing well and all ya'll are enjoying it so far. You're an Okie now!

Many Blessings!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City