Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2020, 07:26 PM

4,147 posts, read 2,965,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
I've noticed people drive slow on I-44 in northwest Oklahoma City, especially the right lane and that was before construction started at the Broadway junction.

If old people are driving slow because they can't see good, due to cataracts, or whatever, they had best hurry up and get needed medical attention for it.
Nope, the guy who was driving a full 15-20 mph below the speed limit on a two lane road was driving a pickup truck. Saw his face. Couldn't be over 40 years old. Must have been a contractor, as he was carrying equipment in the truckbed. Contractors are infamous for being knucklehead drivers--either too fast, or too slow. They're road hogs. Oops, sorry if you're a contractor. I know you're not that kind of contractor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2020, 05:14 AM

24,579 posts, read 10,884,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJester View Post
Nope, the guy who was driving a full 15-20 mph below the speed limit on a two lane road was driving a pickup truck. Saw his face. Couldn't be over 40 years old. Must have been a contractor, as he was carrying equipment in the truckbed. Contractors are infamous for being knucklehead drivers--either too fast, or too slow. They're road hogs. Oops, sorry if you're a contractor. I know you're not that kind of contractor.
Maybe you should use public transportation. Considering the building going on in and around OKC roads must be full of under 40 road blocks.

Old 02-14-2020, 01:31 PM

27 posts, read 73,871 times
I have driven and been though most of the southern part of the US. Oklahoma drivers are the worst I've seen. I thought VA drivers were bad. You have the slow drivers that are going too slow. You have the speeders who think they are practicing for NASCAR. You have the idiots who don't follow the rules of the road, as in turn signals, properly using the fast and slow lanes, etc. Also, people simply drive here in other than clear conditions. If it rains or snows, you're bound to come across an accident or see it on the news Giving proper spacing between vehicles in this state doesn't exist either.

Old 02-14-2020, 10:31 PM

28 posts, read 18,264 times
LOL. And this differs from other states how?

Old 02-15-2020, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DravenX View Post
I have driven and been though most of the southern part of the US. Oklahoma drivers are the worst I've seen. I thought VA drivers were bad. You have the slow drivers that are going too slow. You have the speeders who think they are practicing for NASCAR. You have the idiots who don't follow the rules of the road, as in turn signals, properly using the fast and slow lanes, etc. Also, people simply drive here in other than clear conditions. If it rains or snows, you're bound to come across an accident or see it on the news Giving proper spacing between vehicles in this state doesn't exist either.
What should I do during other than clear conditions?

Old 02-15-2020, 12:41 PM

4,147 posts, read 2,965,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugofbeer View Post
LOL. And this differs from other states how?
Because while your average LA or San Diego driver is more aggressive than your average OKC driver, I have never seen a good 5, 6 cars speed at 95 mph (other than bank robbers fleeing from police on the news). At least not on an urban freeway in broad daylight. The rude OKC drivers are rude beyond anything you'll see in LA or SD.

Not one of these 5 or six cars was a sports car. Mostly minivans, SUVs. It was not street racing, just plain aggressive driving.

Old 02-15-2020, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Because while your average LA or San Diego driver is more aggressive than your average OKC driver, I have never seen a good 5, 6 cars speed at 95 mph (other than bank robbers fleeing from police on the news). At least not on an urban freeway in broad daylight. The rude OKC drivers are rude beyond anything you'll see in LA or SD.

Not one of these 5 or six cars was a sports car. Mostly minivans, SUVs. It was not street racing, just plain aggressive driving.
What difference does it make what make model a speeding car is Who cares how people drive in LA or San Diego?

Old 02-15-2020, 10:05 PM

28 posts, read 18,264 times
Quote:

Now, honestly, l personally have seen people speeding that way in both of those cities. But mostly, l bet you might not because the highways are so congested on urban freeways in broad daylight, the people cant go 95. My favorites in SOCAL are the motorcycles driving down the shoulders and lane markers.

Ive lived multiple places and except for maybe SLC, OKC drivers drive less aggressively than most cities.

You're stll describing every major city in the country. Want to see aggressive driving? Try DFW.

Old 02-15-2020, 10:18 PM

8,500 posts, read 4,744,511 times
I’m a truck driver and have been through a ton of major metros. OKC never struck me as having a particularly bad set of drivers, though as others have noted, I certainly noticed the poor state of the roads across Oklahoma. Every place has yahoo drivers, that’s just the inescapable fact of living with so many other people. Aggressive drivers are the ones in Houston and Atlanta. And I find the fuddy-duddy kinda drivers are in the Northeast outside of the I95 corridor (these are the people who stop on onramps, run a solid 10 below the PSL, etc.)

Old 02-15-2020, 10:54 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Interesting how the slow drivers haven't spoke up to defend themselves why they must drive that way, including why it's so imperative for them to drive slow in the left lane when traffic isn't heavy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City